For You

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Magpie

For You

Post by Magpie »

Hello all, just being reflective today and I’m feeling ok today just wanted to reach out to all those for whom today may not be, seems to help in some way.

I feel your pain, your betrayal, your loss of self and self worth, the shame the guilt the utter despair and anxiety. I feel your pain as I sit and feel it too. It’s ok to stand up for what you believe is right, for the truth you know in your heart. Even though others may turn a blind eye, or choose not to listen. I hear you. I hear you and believe you. Our paths although windy and destructive are similar and rocky. Yet we must walk them the best we can. People say “walk in my shoes for a day”, well I’m walking with you, the steps we take together.

My mum chooses to not talk to me anymore, she hasn’t done for 7 months now. I opened up and said that my anxiety now is related to childhood experiences, and that I choose not to want to speak about them at this moment in time. I did feel shame when she said she was done with me. But I’m living, actually living because I’ve had no choice but to follow my own path. I didn’t choose this path but I have to look forward and not back. Sometimes we have to to understand why we do things and are who we are. I don’t hate I just want to love.

And I guess love starts with me.

You are all so brave and inspiring. Keep walking, crawl if you have to but know that we are all on the path together.

Love & Light to you all xxx
Last edited by Harmony on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to no triggering language nor content.
coconuts

Re: For You

Post by coconuts »

Thanks. It's been a rough week. Lots of stones on my path this week
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Magpie

How thoughtful of you to stop by with some hopeful words for others. I particularly love this...
Magpie wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 amBut I’m living, actually living because I’ve had no choice but to follow my own path. I didn’t choose this path but I have to look forward and not back.
Sounds like you have been doing some pretty tough work. May you have the best of days ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hey coconuts

Sorry to learn your week has been rough - please take gentle care and maybe plan something 'just for you' on the weekend?
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
iwillthrive

Post by iwillthrive »

Magpie I needed these words today. Have been feeling so alone lately. Thank you. iwt
quixote

Post by quixote »

Magpie,
You are so right. Love does start with you.
quixote