Hi there

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

shayz

Hi there

Post by shayz »

Hi everyone. Just a quick hello to introduce myself to the forum. I am sorry for the unfortunate circumstances that bring us together, but believe not feeling alone in this journey is important to recovery. I've never posted to a forum before and am a bit overwhelmed by all the resources available here so please excuse my fumbling around if I post incorrectly. I'm in my late forties and have struggled most of my life from the after affects of my abuse. I did quite a bit of talk therapy in my twenties and am now attending counseling with someone specializing in trauma and sexual abuse. What a life saver! I've learned about regulating my feelings, grounding, and connecting with myself. Simple concepts, I guess, but profoundly lacking to ill affect in my life. I struggle with depression and alcohol use, anxiety and depression. Did I say depression? I try hard to keep all these issues in perspective and to focus my attention on the sunshine, my kitties, my cozy bed and other safe, self soothing activities! So hello once again and I hope everyone is having a positive day.
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Name removed from subject box
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Hi there

Post by Jonesy »

Hi shayz

A warm welcome to isurvive ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
shayz

Post by shayz »

Thank you, I'm getting so much positive energy from reading back through old posts.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. Sorry for the reasons you are here but glad you found us. Hope you can find support where needed here. I've learned a lot from here and others experiences in overcoming the effects of trauma.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
shayz

Post by shayz »

Thank you for your encouraging words. I'm looking forward to being among and learning from others who understand trauma.
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

A warm welcome from me as well, shayz.

With care,
Serenity