Musically Speaking

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

rybeana

Musically Speaking

Post by rybeana »

Hi all,

I still have that newbie freshness right now. I know it wont last long.

But does anyone else find that its easier to express what you are thinking or feeling, no matter the situation via a piece of music? You know the ones, that just speak all those words that you can't seem to express and voice?

My go to song at the moment (and I do hope that I can name it here no problem) Rosi Golan - It's been a long day, from the Drifter and the Gypsy album. For those that know it maybe you can relate to it in similar ways I do? Or if not, and you want to hear it then go for it. And if its not your type of music I will apologise in advance... But in true style this song speaks it all in a few simple words, and it feels like how my life is right now, one day I may get to the end of that year and be ready...

But are any of you out there who may just by chance be reading this, have a go to song when they are feeling happy, sad, frustrated or whatever emotion it is that you feeling?

For those days we all know, love or hate,

Rybeana.
EasyStreet

Re: Musically Speaking

Post by EasyStreet »

I'm an old geezer and have been listening to "Great Big Sea" from Canada. They are broken up now, but so cheerful.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi rybeana

You might want to check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5940
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
rybeana

Post by rybeana »

Hey Easystreet,

I have to say I do like your choice, currently got one of their concerts on in the background and they are quite cheerful and making me smile! Much needed after today, so thank you.

And Jonesy, thank you for that thread going to have a wonder over, I'm still trying to get to grips with the forum and where to navigate.
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

If I helped you smile that's a big win!

See you on the other thread! thanks Jonesy!!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

quixote

Post by quixote »

Rybeana,
Yes, it seems to work both ways for me. Some of my favorite songs tend to make me sad, but some inspire me like nothing else can. So I tend to favor the latter.
quixote
ephes

Post by ephes »

Yes, can relate very much. My overanalysing self says maybe it's because PTSD affects the speech part of the brain so maybe it's just nice to hear someone else conveniently putting my feelings into words and sound. Also, sad or angry songs don't make me sadder or angrier but instead seem to feel cathartic in a way, sometimes they give me a bit of relief and help me move on.
Happy, inspiring songs on the other hand seem to sometimes inspire and motivate me.
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

I've been wallowing in minor keys for months and just switched to major keys. I think its working. Different inputs for different reasons.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

rybeana

Post by rybeana »

Hi all,

Thanks for replying.

Music can do wonderful things whether sad or happy. And it is good to hear people put what we may not be able to express properly into a song.

And I totally agree with you ephes, with the cathartic feeling! I am so glad i am not the only one like that.

EasyStreet, its just about finding that right key and melody to put you in that happier frame of mind.

Rybeana
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content