Hi everyone

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

USSDefiant

Hi everyone

Post by USSDefiant »

I just wanted to say a brief hello to everyone on the forum. I will be posting my story at some point over the next few days, in short I was physically, emotionally and mentally abused by my mother and I was bullied at school as I have always been a bit socially awkward. She's passed now, but I am still struggling with the aftermath over 20 years onward. I am struggling with insomnia, alcoholism (although I am not physically dependant and can go a few days without drinking), having flat emotional states sometimes, feeling angry for no reason, crying at the slightest upsetting thing on TV but being unable to truly feel anything about what happened. How to get better... I wish I knew how to begin. I guess signing up here is a good start, to be with others who might have experienced these things. I am also a mother myself now, and I want to be the best one I can be. Even in my damaged state, I am ten times the mother that my own mother was, but I know I can do and be even better if I make a recovery. I doubt myself a lot, but I do have some confidence in my abilities. I am no longer with my ex-partner, he was abusive in the relationship but has always been a good dad. For now, I am choosing not to date, because I want to focus on myself until I feel ready.

Thanks for listening :)
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
EasyStreet

Re: Hi everyone

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi USSDefiant,

Welcome to the forum. This is the place for help and support. Very special people here, you are joining an elite in the truest sense. All my abuse was physical/emotional/psychological/ etc.It can hurt a lot, exp. when you live a whole lifetime with it as I have. I hope we can help each other.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi USSDefiant

A very warm welcome to isurvive - glad you found us ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hello and welcome, USSDefiant. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
Flifflo

Post by Flifflo »

Hello USSDefiant,

Good job deciding to focus on yourself. I survive is a great resource for support. I have found it immensely helpful. I hope you do too.

Welcome.
Warmly, Flifflo