Hippies, freaks & psychedelic misfits.

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

reisha

Re: Hippies, freaks & psychedelic misfits.

Post by reisha »

Gimme my damn soapbox, dammit

Warning foul language ahead!!!

My g'folx when f'n DRS FOR FuCks sake! They KNEW my biomom was a whackjob. Thats why they got custody of me b4 i was born. They were.... 'god & his wife' <----- meant in the most positive way. Gda was santa, easter bunny, prankster all rolled into a gruff Scots exterior. Gma was much more sedate, elegant, refined, but still yer 'basic country peasant' in her heart.
So WHYthe fuck did give me to her when i was 9?!?!?! Ok, they were old, gettin sick. Logically, i see the 'sense' in it, but its REALLY f'n difficult to forgive them, find peace w this.not to mention what its done to me, learnin how to hold conflictin emotions at the same time. I still struggle.
The thing i have the most trouble w is ...... the drs part. If theyd been reg joes, i could forgive them.
Theres a parta me that suggests they WERE just reg joes. The mosta me rejects that. Thats where i find them guilty. &, it also feels like im betrayin them, even as they 'betrayed & abandoned' me.
Very difficult (<--- ooh! Another kinda cult! A diffi cult) for to reconsile this.
Last edited by Harmony on Wed May 22, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to ST for language
reisha

Post by reisha »

So, an equity firm here in usa has a ceo or founder or .... a billionaire. At a tradtionally black 'ivy leauge' college grad ceramony, AFTER it was over, but b4 ceramony over, he is introd as special guest robert f smith, who takes the podium. He speech is very short. Basically, he took it upon himself to tell tthe entire grad class that hes donating 40 MILLION , so the entire class go forth into the whirld debt free. I think its a legacy fund. The only stipulation attached is to Pay It Forward. No one - not the college, not his firm knew he was gonna do it.I cry every time i think bout it. The dudes z true hippie in my book. Dude Gets It.

Aaaannnd, i remeber bein Educated that negro was not a nice word. It wasna a bad word, just not nice. The PCterm was colored people.
... to black, to afro-amer to now people of color. Wouldna that em colored people? Too soon?
Anyway, ive trippin for a while on how that lil linguistic loop seems to have come full circle in my lifetime. Im just grateful that the definition is now more inclusive.
Still wonderin we're still segragatin 'ivy leauges', tho. I mean, i GET the story behind it, esp usa.
Still SOOOOO much Work to do, <sigh>
<Steppin offa my soapbox>, offerin it to the...
NEXT!
Last edited by Harmony on Thu May 23, 2019 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering language nor content
reisha

Post by reisha »

Think ill wander over to the fire pit & drum circle....

Gawd, i hate drum circles! Healin for sum, but that noise needs to stop! &GET OFF MY DAM LAWN!!!!

so, i wanna talk a lil bout 'uncle bobo'. He was (aside my my gda) the BEST father figure to me. The 'head' boss, A friend, a mentor, a ( dare i say it?) A ... soul mate. He was jewish, & folx liked to give himalotta shit for bein a jew. Not many folx know he was a holocaust survivor. His tale isna the happy sound of muci tale so many love, altho his family attempted a similar escape. He lost family members along the trail, dead on the sida the road. Most of his extended family died in the camps. An orphaned minor, he landed on our shores on the east coast, & was eventually adopted by ' g ood Xtian family,' who were much more concerned w showin him off as 'the lil jewboy they adopted' than w nurturin his soul. He started workin thepochanos resorts at the time, learnin how to wheel & deal.
Eventually, he worked his way west & became uncle bobo to many.
Aas i got to know him, work under him it was beyond love. Yes, he was a hardass. Yes, he was a stingey jew - better'n most, he knew the value in a buck, & each & every single one stoppedd at his desk. ALWAYS! NO excuses. Ever! If anyone had earned the rite to be an grumpy, short, frustrated stingey jew, it was he.

Oh, im in such deep tears here.....

Yet this man, this ... so deeply hurt HUMAN took on the goal to LOVE the world.
Id say he met his goal
I cant tell ya ...
How many times...
Deep convos w him bbout the kids in the lots. The Lost Souls
Observations bout life,, the universe & everything.
In a sec, hed switch to 'angry bill', spottin sumthin show related that wasna up to his standards!!! Then switch back to convo.
I still miss him waaay more deeply than 'papa bear', who i also worked for at times. Papabear was just icing onnna already incredable cake.

So, in todays current climite, in the grand ole us of a,
'The migrant crisi' where they ARE shipping detainees to So. CAL
Hits me on sum very deep & personal levels.

Ok, i cant take those drums any more - later!
(& stay off my lawm, dammit!)
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

I'm listening.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
DewDrop

Post by DewDrop »

(((reisha)))

I thought I was catching hints of nag champa and white sage wafting by, as soon as I logged in.

Tons of Love,

Dewd
reisha

Post by reisha »

{{{{{{ DEWDROP!!!}}}}}}

omg! Rotfflmsnhao!!!! <----- 2 points to anyone who figgers that out.

Yer Exactly rite! Nailed it.

How wonderful to wake up, log in & 'see' ya.
So, pull up a hay bale, grab a cuppa joe, & phoolosophize a bit

Whats on yer mind, what brillant concepts have ya been grokkin on?
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Knowing the guy you worked for is amazing, so met everyone else. You are/were everyone else.

Had a gay friend in high school who moved from somewhere in the Bay area, and he had been to all the concerts. But my question back to you, is did you ever meet Uncle Bob, and what do you think of him? Did he deserve the Nobel Prize? Can we play a game with his lyrics?

I've got a smile on my face. Peace out.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

reisha

Post by reisha »

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!

& it can include most misheard lyrics, like
Wake up to find out that you have the eyes of a squirell
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri May 24, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed ST to MT, for use of profanity
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

:D
EasyStreet
Thanks for being