Survivors guilt, not as bad as others

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

johnram

Re: Survivors guilt, not as bad as others

Post by johnram »

Thank you DancingFish

"If it affected you, it matters." - I love this phrase, sounds like you have a good/decent T? it makes a world of difference

I think i am now in a position, where i dont blame myself and feel less guilty, i blame my parents / circumstance - but now with anger, which was a big part for me too. I still have guilt but feel thats shifting. I think i always thought i was at fault, or i "should have", "didnt heal fast enough" etc etc

but having this compassion that what happened wasnt my doing, my family was flawed, its ok to blame them, but it doesnt help me anymore to do so, has helped me.

Perspective - thats what i think i am reflecting on, it has shifted a bit, and is still being shifted, which has helped empower me and split me away from the victim mentality (i.e. this is a legacy that was not my construct, its up to me, to build my own way) - not sure if that makes sense, but i feel something empowering, which is a huge change, but i am also humble with it, and trying to be patient, curious and loving to myself and the few others i have close to me.

Really appreciate everything you said, it touched me quite deeply

hoping you are navigating your own journey with the same tenderness to yourself?