Wim Hof methods - anyone used, thoughts?

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

johnram

Re: Wim Hof methods - anyone used, thoughts?

Post by johnram »

ephes wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:17 am I'm not good at saying things like that, but I wanted you to know that with your last few words you made me feel understood. And "another day, another shower" was exactly what I needed to hear and it made me feel consoled and warm. That positive reaction is not something I usually get out of people's words and I'm surprised. This means a lot to me. Thank you.

I'm glad to hear you're finding good methods for the cold shower! And happy to hear that you managed to do another one. Did you do it again this morning?
I took another dip in the lake this morning, and maybe, eventually, I'll graduate to the cold shower though at the moment I don't have the willpower to stay off the warm water faucet.

All the best to you!
Well done ephes for your lake dips, i am impressed. Do find it interesting that you find them easier than cold shower, i thought lakes are usually colder.

I can relate to your hesitance on positive words from others, the ablity to hear a nice compliment and actually appreciate some good can be a challenge, was glad to hear you could take it on.

Easystreet has said a few things to me also on these forums that have stuck with me, as have you - thank you both
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Now I've gotta deal with that darn shower! :lol:
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
johnram

Post by johnram »

I have done 4 days straight or maybe 5 of cold showers. Start and finish cold - no warm water at all.

Been doing breathing too but not to extent i want to
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

Great work! I did the slow temperature change for quite a while today and it helped get me moving.

Working on the breathing too.

Be well!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
johnram

Post by johnram »

EasyStreet wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:18 pm Great work! I did the slow temperature change for quite a while today and it helped get me moving.

Working on the breathing too.

Be well!
simply great stuff