Tryng to remember the broken childhood I tried to forget

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

EasyStreet

Tryng to remember the broken childhood I tried to forget

Post by EasyStreet »

Hi Friends,

I went into the garage yesterday and started opening boxes. Cried multiple times throughout the day. Cried for my Mom and Dad, who were my secondary abusers and enablers of my brother.

Couldn't dig very deep, but plan to.

Found a photo taken in the month of my 7th birthday, of me and my brother. Every picture tells a story. We are standing three feet apart for a "brothers" picture. I've got my toy rifle on my shoulder, and we both have only have smiles for the camera. I am horrified by the length of my brother's arms in the photo, he would have been 9. I swear I look at his arms and they are like monster arms.

Didn't cry for my brother.

Thanks for listening.

The sun is shining and I'm going to go get my dog and get some of that glory.
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
reisha

Re: Tryng to remember the broken childhood I tried to forget

Post by reisha »

Hi easystreet

Wow. Openin boxes of memories can be challenging, triggering - even when ya think yer prepared. Excellent work tho, bein able to acces emotions, release those tears. Be extra gentle w yerself, that was good work. Can ya give yerself a lil reward, an 'atta boy' pat on the back, so to speak?

Sending care & support, visions of warm & sunny views, a comfy chair & peaceful moments
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue May 07, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
EasyStreet

Re: Tryng to remember the broken childhood I tried to forget

Post by EasyStreet »

Thank you, Reisha, for suggesting some self care after digging in the past. That’s exactly what I forget to do.

And thanks for the encouragement. Back at you!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)