Selfish, lazy friend.....or none

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

EasyStreet

Re: Selfish, lazy friend.....or none

Post by EasyStreet »

Johnram:

Just a note on our different experiences with being alone in the woods. The feelings you describe are similar to those I feel in the city!
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
johnram

Post by johnram »

Thats quite interesting, i assume then you were raised in the countryside? i was raised in a city?
EasyStreet

Post by EasyStreet »

I was raised all over the US, my father was in the military, it was mostly suburban, but a mix. When I discovered the outdoors as I grew up I knew that nature can be indifferent, save you or kill you, flip of the coin. People, on the other hand, will target and mistreat you on purpose for their own ends. I prefer the indifference.

In the city I can feel the crushing weight of all those individual consciousnesses, it really feels like my mind is being invaded.

Do you have a place or activity that gives you comfort or anxiety reduction? For me it is Nature. What is it for you?

Take care, friend, I’m enjoying getting to know you!
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
EasyStreet
Thanks for being

(On this forum, in my tribe, chatting or not, prosper and thrive!)
johnram

Post by johnram »

i agree with that, i am getting tired of big cities and people, everyone not appreciating what they have, everyone wanting more and pushing and chasing things they have been told they need

no one having the time or patience to think beyond themselves

anxiety reduction - i dont have a place, but when i am struggling, doing some weighlifting really helps, currently injured so that impacting my mood

i do desire a more wholesome spot though, but in this large city, to get out is costly and not quick

my pleasure chatting to you