the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Gizmo

the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

Post by Gizmo »

hello..... "its been a long while..... since it's been ok... to feel this way....."

i decided to revive this post of the cafe'... it seems very appropriate to open the cafe' at this time... i don't know if i ever told anyone but Lori was so encouraging of my cafe' posts and she gave me so much support in my continuing the posts while i was here. i think she was as sad to see it fade away as i was when i left here... so for Lori and for you, come on in to this warm place and take a rest, sigh a sigh, or sing a song... write poetry or just quietly be.... it is all ok here, be whatever feels right for you...

here i am in the quiet of this welcoming place. our cafe' oasis. it is late afternoon, and all are busy else where or have also found a quiet place... there are many such places here.... in the solarium, in the library with the large stone two sided fire place, the back side leading out to the glorious view off the back deck, looking over the garden we planted last spring, or one of the other many gardens planted in years passed, ones of roses, tiki trees, oriental persuasion, and an english one as well.... others find solace and joy in the little one's playground, or the woods, going thru the path in the woods and around the lake that leads to our very own bed and breakfast/ day spa.

i am wondering, slowly thru the inside garden looking at all the displays of our art and writings nestled among the inside garden paths off the solarium. i find it of great comfort to set a spell and enjoy the parts of ourselves shared here, the unique benches set here and there for just such peaceful contemplation. oooo, i just heard a few familiar voices.... chatting quietly.... the hum of friendship eases my bitter aches.

here i have no reason to fight my self; feeling the way i feel is safe, and ok. unconditional acceptance is the only required thing in this place of warmth and comfort.

think i will settle down in the library by the crackling fire with a good book. maybe doze off and on.... waiting for a special friend or two to arrive.... you are welcome to join me. i'm listening to music by Jem.... this song reaches right into my heart and sings to my soul... i'll set you some lyrics here so you know what she is saying... this song is for all who have and will continue to love Lori

You Will Make it
by Jem

Go to bed, everything's alright
Don't know the whole world's changing as you sleep through the night
Wake up slowly and it's a different world

Hear the news and the floods begin
Screams so loud but only felt within
Heart is shattered, the pieces can't be found

I feel your pain
I wrote this song for you, for you
You will make it
You will make it through
I promise you he would want you to

Months go by, still living in a daze
Don't know what you've done with the last seven days
Soul is numb and life is like a dream

Helping hands but you push them away
How could they understand?
Don't wanna share your pain
Afraid to heal, cause that would mean goodbye

I feel your pain
You will make it
You will make it through
I promise you she would want you to

One day sunlight hits a photograph and it makes you smile
The memories dance around you now and they make you smile
You're not alone
You'll never be
Just like the stars they oversee
And they whisper to you
You're still, you're still, you're still, you're still live

I feel your pain
You will make it
You will make it through
I promise you they would want you to

(Spoken)
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glints on snow
I am the sun on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there; I did not die

sometimes i am so strong and other times i am so weak and worn... so alone yet surrounded.... so full of pain, but smiling anyway.... so not wanting to go..... so wishing this was all real..... and you and i could find a corner to curl up in.... and talk thru the night..... so afraid.... so full of doubt.... so alone.... but never here...

so i will t r y to stay h e r e tonight

find peace and comfort,

lovingly
~still
split p

Re: the Cafe' is open, a place to just be, welcome to all...

Post by split p »

we goin to corner table n be small n quiet. see who comes in...
eff

Post by eff »

had the weirdest of dreams last night....someone started a food fight in a cafe....lots of laughter....something to do with a shopping trolley and walls of jelly and custard... no idea what all that was about ;)

sitting here taking it all in...mug of tea and gentle music in the background...peace and quiet, what a way to start the day.

eff
(Member since July 2010, 692 previous posts)
Pith

Post by Pith »

-Pith waves, seeing Split p and Eff -

joining my friends here, if ok.
Sounds like a hilarious dream, Eff ;) :P
Do you need help with the zip-lines and the tree-house today? My teen insider is ready for some heavy work today.

I need a coffee, a strong one, with a dot of whipped cream on top of it.
Did I hear anyone mention free refreshments from Gizmo somewhere? Is that right? ;) ...
I'll have to find a new floorspot for me to sit quietly. Ah, there seems to be a nice one. Ideal.
-Pith settles down and feels a sense of calm coming over her-
split p

Post by split p »

the juke box made it and its still cued up to the last song...
think it's worth playin again here in its new spot...

"brand new day" by joshua radin.

good sigh.
mary jane

Post by mary jane »

I've never been to the cafe at the old forum... could not find the door I guess... I'm peeking in now... found Gizmo's wonderful description of what this place is like and what if offers. It sounds like a paradise. It sounds like a place I've dreamed of when I was little. maybe even like the place I lived in... in my mind. only there weren't many people who'd accept me and gave any warmth or comfort. now... all the people here! it feels so good to be here. can I be myself here after all? without any pretending?
I could not allow myself to join because I'm an adult now... I thought the cafe wasn't real. but... there it is! I can see it now.
I guess I'll take a look around and maybe take a deep breath in the garden.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Didnt pop in to the old cafe but have heard about its reputation for food fights etc etc. I have plenty of experience due to numerous one's had with others in chat so think i might just fit in ok should one arise in here. Must say i do like the look of things in here, am kicking myself for not having popped my head around the door sooner. So for now, if its ok with yu all, I think I'll sit quietly at the table by the open door and sip on a freshly poured espresso whilst reading all of the lovely birthday cards and messages that have been sent to me today.

Icarus
We're tin hard, but we rattle when we're shaken.....

(Member since 31st May 2008. 503 previous posts)
smallgraces

Post by smallgraces »

Ahhhh I hit the wrong button and my post was erased....oh well...
I'm just happy to find this spot again. Needing a place to be quiet and rest. So I sit next to the pond, with my tea, looking out over it and pondering how far I've come. I realize that the work of healing is worth it. I've found peace...what a blessed feeling.

smallgraces
in time...everything will be ok
member since November 2009
maybeme

Post by maybeme »

Such a beautiful, peaceful place! I've never came in before either but glad to soak up the sunshine in the garden while I drink my first cup of coffee for the day.
Truth teller

Post by Truth teller »

Do they have a hammock I could just relax in here?
Big fluffy pillow covered in extra soft fabric.
I like a big beautiful ceiling I can just stare off at in wonder.

Then a nice mug of coffee with a some soy milk please.

Ty