New Member Introduction

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

LearningToHeal

New Member Introduction

Post by LearningToHeal »

Hello everyone,

While I try to figure out the best place to post my story (and while I build up the courage to do so), I thought a softball might be a good idea :)

My story is a complicated one that spans more than ten years. I am a survivor of CSA and have extensive DA. I cannot remember any real detail of my childhood, sometimes I can recall a snapshot of a memory (good or bad) but if I try to hold or examine it, the memory fades away. As I started work with a therapist, I realized that it's not just childhood memory's that are lost- even events that happened a few weeks ago have the same slippery feel.

I also have great difficulty feeling any type of emotion- happiness, joy, anger, sadness- right now these are just words to me with no weight behind them. Sometimes I feel something start to come, then wham, any feeling gets pushed down.

Somehow, despite how broken I think I am, I have had good success in life. I am married, have two kids and a successful career.

As my name suggests, I am trying to learn how to heal, but progress seems so slow most days.
Last edited by Serenity on Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
Serenity
Director
Director

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome, LearningToHeal. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here. When it comes to healing it does feel like very very slow progress, but my old T used to say "slow is fast". These things take time, and it's perfectly normal to feel like maybe you're taking "too long". But I know from experience if you try to rush it, it only makes things worse. You can do this.

With care,
Serenity
Rosahope

Post by Rosahope »

Welcome LearningToHeal!
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi LearningToHeal

A very warm welcome from me too ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
WolfMelody

Post by WolfMelody »

Hi LearningToHeal,
Welcome. I hope that you can find peace and healing here.
LearningToHeal

Post by LearningToHeal »

Thank you everyone for the warm greetings.