New here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Forgetmenot

New here

Post by Forgetmenot »

Hi I'm new here,

I am a 31 year old women in a long-term relationship with the most wonderful man. Both me and my partner are survivors of CSA, I reported my CSA back in 2012 and have done alot of healing myself since then. my partner is currently going through the process of healing over this last year he admitted he'd been abused and went to police. He isn't handling it at all well, he has such rage around what happened to him a as a child and I feel so lost Trying to help him.
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering detail
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New here

Post by Harmony »

Welcome Forgetmenot,

Let me be the first to give a warm welcome to our supportive community. I hear you and understand. Wishing you the comfort of being in a community where you are believed and no longer alone. Great job making your first post. It was courageous.

with care,
Harmony
earthhorse

Post by earthhorse »

Hi forgetmenot,

Welcome to isurvive!

Amazing you have done so much work and also incredible that you reported this to the police.

It's a long and often cyclical road healing. If your husband is just starting out it must be intense for him. And you both. I hope he can find supports outside your relationship. It's important too that he owns his rage and doesn't make it about you.

I hope that you feel free to take space and establish boundaries for self care, to replenish.

Wishing you both the very best,
EH
"One kind word can warm three winter months"
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Forgetmenot

A warm welcome from me too
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Welcome! I hope you'll feel comfortable and supported here!