A hello to the forum

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Tern

A hello to the forum

Post by Tern »

Hello forum! From what I have read so far, this seems like a nice place. I hope I am able to pick up the culture well! I think I have a firm understanding, I will do my best to participate appropriately.

I joined this site because I wanted some place private yet not private to talk about the questionable things that happened in my youth. Things feel more real when I know I’m saying them to real people. I am not ready to do that right now, but maybe I will tonight or in two months or whenever. I have done a lot of IRL work on the things I feel comfortable having connected to RL, but there’s still things that… Well, some people who hurt me were also children at the time, and were likely hurt children at that. I’m gonna need to be in a much different place than the one I’m in currently to be able to talk about that to… people who might actually know who I’m talking about?

But I am tired of pretending things did not happen, or that they happened differently than I remember, or that they did happen that way but I’m just making a big deal out of nothing, other people have it worse, yadda yadda. You know, all the things people say before they tell you about something horrible that happened to them…? Not that I really think that myself, emotionally I’m still at “it wasn’t that bad”, but I recognize the pattern I’ve seen in others in myself. Hey self, if it wasn’t that bad, why is it so hard to talk about, hmm?

To close - I read some of the public forum before I joined and I want to say thank you to everyone who has been open about not just their experiences but their emotions around their experiences. I am always very grateful to people who let me see how they think about difficult or painful things, it helps me get un-stuck from my own thoughts at times.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: A hello to the forum

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Tern

A very warm welcome to isurvive- May you soon feel at home
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi and Welcome, Tern. I'm sorry for the reasons but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
Tern

Post by Tern »

Thank you to Jonesy and Serenity for the welcomes.

I have now posted elsewhere here as well.
sadsecrets

Post by sadsecrets »

Hi Tern,

I can relate to your post - about wanting a place to talk about it. There don't seem to be many of those places in the real world. Here is a good place to start talking about things.
Welcome.
quixote

Post by quixote »

Tern,
I find that sometimes it helps to have the right people to talk to. Maybe you’ll find this to be true here.