Talking to the little me

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Olivia

Talking to the little me

Post by Olivia »

So I’m looking for help on some HW my T gave me. She asked me to write a letter to my little self. She says to talk to her. I understand what she wants me to do. I’m just finding it incredibly hard to do it. I don’t know what to actually say or do. So far the letter just says “ I’m sorry for everything you went through.”
I feel that’s a given but not sure on what to do or say now. Maybe I’m taking this too literal in a way. I don’t know.
I don’t do well being alone. I’ve been distracting myself all week. With the weather being shitty today my plans were canceled. I took that as a sign to finally put a little effort into my HW before my next session. I’m also trying to journal more. I feel like from the moment i get up my head is racing. Just so many thoughts and feelings. I have to start letting them out.
Last edited by Serenity on Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed back to MT for profanity
Mwin

Re: Talking to the little me

Post by Mwin »

Olivia,
It seems as though your answer lies in your post ;)
"...I have to start letting them out"
Whether it's pen to paper or fingers to keyboard on your phone or computer, simply let them (thoughts and feelings) flow out of you without overthinking it, if possible. If it is helpful, you may try writing about anything before taking a stab at the HW exercise. Good luck and hope you find some relief or peace with the exercise.
Mwin
quixote

Post by quixote »

Olivia,
That HM is not an easy one. But, there is no right answer to this assignment, so feel free to explore. Even just thinking about it is worthwhile. Perhaps you can be creative: look at photos of children and wonder what you might say to them.
quixote
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

My "me's" having been talking back and forth quite a bit since I joined this support group. I can't tell you what to write, but I found a mix of where you are now, who you are now, and kindness to the part of you that you are writing to goes a very long way. Remember you are talking to the hurt child in you who had no love and no support. Any ray of Hope or kindness you can offer will do a substantial amount of good to that part of you.
Good luck,
Qwerty
Last edited by Serenity on Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT for no triggering detail
~Qwerty~
"We're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again"