Protection my mother

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Pepe

Protection my mother

Post by Pepe »

grew up acting as though nothing bad was happening to me to keep my mother from knowing the secrets for as long as possible. My mam has always been protective especially with my brother.
I hate the feeling of her worry it feels so uncomfortable...everythink worries my mam.......
Nobody in my world can know when I'm struggling. Only those on this forum who read my words and don't know me get to know..
I hate living such a lie.
I hate living a secret but still deeply ashamed of the truth.....
I'll just keep the mask on don't let anyone in .
Hide it all x
Last edited by Harmony on Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added trigger indicator
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Protection my mother

Post by Harmony »

Hi pepe,

You are heard and perfectly ok with your need for struggle. It is simply human to wrestle with our issues. In terms of boundaries perhaps walls of steel vs. no boundaries is the issue? Can you think of letting a little bit out. Quite honestly people who have "no problems" worry me. It looks as artificial as can be. Being authentic isn't sharing everything always. It is a spectrum. So glad you can come here and let yourself be known.

you are ok,
Harmony
sadsecrets

Post by sadsecrets »

Hi Pepe,

I can relate <3
The need to keep it hidden can drive me to both panic and despair.
I am sorry you struggle this way. I hope you can find some moments of peace and compassion for yourself. You deserve it.
Mwin

Post by Mwin »

Pepe,

Thank you for being here and writing this. I can relate with the unimaginable difficulty of hiding or feeling like you are living a lie. So, I hope that this space provides you with some relief and comfort to speak your truth in whatever you feel comfortable sharing or not.

Wishing you peace,
Mwin