Hello

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Innocent

Hello

Post by Innocent »

I am a 52 year old incest survivor. My abusor was my father. I recently told my brother about the abuse and he became very hostile towards me. He is threatening to sue me. I am very scared and isolated. I don’t have close relationships and I have few friends. I am also an LPN, my job is often emotionally draining. My mother was emotionally abusive. I am close to my 13 year old son, but I don’t want to be an enmeshment parent, I want to respect his emotional boundaries and keep my problems out of his childhood. I really need support right now. My brother is threatening to sue me. I am a single parent, and paying lawyers will be a heavy financial burden for me. I feel hopeless, like I’ll never smile again. My life is a mess.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sun May 30, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering detail
Aspen

Re: Hello

Post by Aspen »

Hi Innocent,

Sending you much support as you navigate this. What you describe is not uncommon among survivors. You're not alone.

Welcome.

Aspen
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

Innocent

I hope you find the support here you need. I have found this place super helpful. I’m so sorry you were not believed . I’ve dealt with that issue with family members and friends and it’s so upsetting. Some people get so hostile and it’s so unfair. Sitting with you through this time, comforting you. We are here for you.
Chessgirl
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Innocent

A very warm welcome to isurvive. Do you have access to free legal advice where you live?
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome, Innocent. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here. Some lawyers offer free consultations. It might be worth looking into.

With care,
Serenity
quixote

Post by quixote »

Innocent,
Welcome. I like your name.
Yes, I concur, it wouldn't hurt to at least look at free or low cost legal help.
Innocent

Post by Innocent »

Thank you all, I was able to get a discount, but this is still going to be a very painful and expensive situation. I go to bed worrying about it and I wake up worrying about it. It hurts a lot. I feel like I’m being punished for being abused, I’m dreading going back and collecting the evidence to defend myself, I feel so isolated and I worry about how much of this my 13 year old son is absorbing. My brother is ruthless and vindictive and completely lacking in compassion. The timing is bad, but the truth is valid
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering detail