New here hope this is right way to post

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

MaryJaneHunter

New here hope this is right way to post

Post by MaryJaneHunter »

I have been searching for some kind of support. I am not happy with one on one therapy nor have I found it helpful. I was molested by several men starting at the age of like 6 1/2. I am now in my 60s and have been dealing with this just fine until this week. My brother is not a sexual abuser but a physical and emotional abuser who tells me I made everything up, called me a liar.

I reached out to my sister and she too told me I am a liar. Our uncle molested me and my younger sister but since it did not happen to her I am a lair.

Well, this triggered my anger and rage and I do not know what to do or who to turn to anymore.

After reading a few stories, I see I am not alone here.

Thank you for this page.
Chessgirl

Re: New here hope this is right way to post

Post by Chessgirl »

I think you have made the right decision to come here and get support. I definitely believe you! A lot of people have similar stories of not being believed by other family members. Having other people who can relate is so important. Sitting with you, caring and supporting you.
Chessgirl
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome MaryJaneHunter. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here.

With care,
Serenity
Nelll

Post by Nelll »

Hi Mary Jane Hunter,

I'm sorry you have gone through this, I'm glad you are here now though.
This is a safe space where you are believed and supported.

I look forward to seeing you grow in your healing journey.

All the best,
Nelll
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi MaryJaneHunter

A warm welcome to isurvive - happy you found us ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

MaryJaneHunter,

Welcome! I am happy you have posted, but sorry that certain circumstances have brought you here. Thank you for trusting us enough to share part of your story. I can assure you that you are believed here. I'm sorry you haven't been supported and protected by those who should have cared for you. No wonder you feel such anger and rage! I hope that you find this to be a space space filled with support and care. Feel free to vent and tell your story as much as you like/need. We are here for you. I'm also hoping your experience with therapy improves soon. Wishing you better days and hoping you feel a bit better than you did last week.

-gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
OneThousandApologies

Post by OneThousandApologies »

MaryJaneHunter,
I am glad that you found this support group. I have been where you are. Nobody believed me when I spoke up about my abuse. I was told I was lying and it was all in my head, mainly because I didn't speak up until after the abuse ended. It angered me. But I've learned that the truth is hard for people to hear or believe things that is painful or that goes against their own ideas and opinions. Some people are in denial. You know the truth of what happened to you. I believe you. We all do. You are definitely not alone.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi MaryJaneHunter

Just checking in to ask how you are 8-)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org