Open Letter to Those Walking With Me

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Crow

Re: Open Letter to Those Walking With Me

Post by Crow »

Hi gods_child,

I'm sorry I had to leave chat so soon after you joined earlier... had to go and sort out lunch for my wife and I.
Will no doubt catch up with you soon. ;)
Hope you're okay.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hey gods_child,

It was really good to chat this afternoon in the chat room. Thank you for your vulnerability and trust. I got a lot out of it too as it happens.
I mentioned a song to you whilst we talked for you to look up lyrics (Bay of Pigs - Machine Head). If you fancy it, look up Seasons Wither lyrics by Machine Head - be careful though as they are triggering, so do take care if you do. (If it's not helpful for you to process things this way please ignore that suggestion, but know it comes from a place of care.)
I'm listening to music (same band - and the same band that got me through my childhood and teen years) now as I find it such a good way to channel my emotions and it is a coping mechanism I've used since I was 11 years old. Helping me to release my varying feelings at the moment from the last few days' reading on the forum, and in chat.

You're doing so well to work through things and walk the path of healing.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Hello To All!

It's been a while since I've posted here. I just want to give a heartfelt thank you to everyone, old and new, who has graciously allowed me to open up about my journey. There are many times when I feel I like I don't deserve you, but you have continued to show me kindness and understanding. I know it isn't always pretty or fun or easy. I have had some pretty hard days lately, yet you still show up for me. Please know that I don't take you for granted. Thank you for being there for me and allowing me to be there for you.

- gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Still wanting to echo my thanks to those, old and new, who choose to support me. I wish I were in a much better place right now. You are appreciated.

- gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
Progress

Post by Progress »

Sending support and community and {{{{{hugs}}}}} if okay. We are all on our individual journeys, but so much is the same.

I relate, I understand. I get it. I mean, I surely don’t know what to DO about so many things, but I can validate that your experiences are hard. So hard.

Sending you happy thoughts of peace and safety and warmth and security!

Progress
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

Progress,

Thank you for your support. This is all so confusing now. I don't even think my "stuff" is really hard at times. I feel as if I'm just weak and I'm making it hard. Thanks for taking the time to validate me and my "stuff". Your words make a difference. I honestly don't feel I deserve it. No worries, I'll cheer up in a bit.

- gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Sending you some support and care too. :) I struggle with feeling as if I'm just weak at times - but thinking on it, we only feel like that when our strength has been taken away. It's not you choosing it to be like this. Feel free to disregard this if it's not very helpful for you, though.

Hope you find some moments of peace throughout your day, appreciate having you here with us. :)
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

dancingfish,

Thank you, I'll take all of it! I'm just so....
No need to worry about saying the right thing. I'm taking in what you have said. I do not choose to be this way. I wouldn't want to be this way. This isn't fun, relaxing, or something I want anyone else to see. I'm hoping you are having far better days. Sorry if not, I've missed a lot here so I'm not sure how everyone is doing until I get to catch up.

I just want to get myself together. What happened to me? I was better than this.

-gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts