Hello

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Samalander

Hello

Post by Samalander »

Hello,

I am another new addition to the forum. I’m glad to be here. I have never been comfortable opening up to people or allowing people to get close to me. I withdraw even more from those close to me as I get older. It was recommended by a therapist I seek support from those who have had similar experiences to mine in order to find some human connection. I have a hard time feeling human much of the time and often feel unworthy of human connection, thus deprive myself of it. So... while I’m not quite comfortable enough yet to divulge my background, I am happy to be here and looking forward to “getting to know you.”

Samalander
Eagle

Re: Hello

Post by Eagle »

Hi Samalander

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. I also have found it hard to be around other people and even harder to develop trust in others. This place has helped me meet others, share common experiences and make friends. It’s a place where you can feel safe. Folks here are compassionate and understanding. Again, welcome.

Eagle
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome, Salamander. I'm sorry for the reasons, but glad you are here. It's ok for you to share as much or as little as you are comfortable with here, you get to choose. And you'll get support either way.

With care,
Serenity
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Samalander, welcome🙏💐

The reasons that brought us all here are not good but the fact that we found this place is. Feel free to read along, post, comment or just do nothing at all. Whatever you decide is fine. We're are here to listen and comfort whenever you feel the need. Take good care, Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Samalander

A very warm welcome from me too ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. Come in when you are ready. Speak when you are ready. No pressure whatsoever. Your timing is perfect just for you
Coconuts
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Samalander
Samalander wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:47 pm I have a hard time feeling human much of the time and often feel unworthy of human connection
Please know we are here for you
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org