First Therapy session

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Eagle

Re: First Therapy session

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Bird. I just hope she’s ready for me. My apology is this. I’m bringing her a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle and all the pieces are solid black. If she can help me fit them all together, then she’s my hero. If not, maybe we can get some of it done. I’ve been trying all my life and I can’t even get the edges done. :? Time will tell.

Eagle
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I hate auto correct. :lol: Analogy.

Eagle
Crow

Post by Crow »

:lol: love that description Eagle!
Eagle wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:59 pm I’m bringing her a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle and all the pieces are solid black. If she can help me fit them all together, then she’s my hero.
I need to rediscover my humour when it comes to my troubles.
Hoping all goes well.

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Thanks Crow. If you saw me in real life, you might think, “there’s nothing wrong with him”. But, It’s all smoke and mirrors. We all have to find ways to get through life and hide the demons we have to deal with. Once you get past my wall of titanium and sarcastic humor, you would find nothing but mush on the inside. The real me I have to hide and protect. I have to admit, there are a lot of times I want to respond to people’s post here, but I can’t. That crusty old fighter pilot attitude won’t allow my heart to respond in a nice caring way. I want to, but I just can’t get the words out. That’s one of my goals, is to drop the shell and just be able to be me without fear that I wouldn’t be accepted.

Eagle
Crow

Post by Crow »

Eagle, I understand. From age 18 (ish) I developed a front or a character that I adopted - the joker, centre of attention kind of person... totally not the person I was. It was I realise, a way to not get hurt personally because it wasn't really me. I just tried to fit in with whatever group I was part of, and it sort of worked for me. But after years I realised it was pointless. Several years ago I just decided to be me... I think that's when having no armour to hide behind caused me to crumble a bit. I did become happy with who I really was, but then nearly two years ago my childhood trauma hit me out of nowhere... and for what it's worth, in most situations most people would think similar - nothing wrong with that guy! I do my best to cover stuff.
Good to have goals... acceptance is a huge thing for me, so I get it. I am starting to be brave even here and post some honest and deeply personal stuff that actually challenges how I may be viewed...

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Well, first T session is in the books. Not bad. Not sure what I was expecting going in, but it was kind of nice. She seems a good listener and put forth some ideas on areas to look into. I guess the first session is a hello, how are you, can we trust each other kind of session. Guess my initial answer is, yes, I think I can trust her. Next visit will be next week. She talked about using EMDR. Even better, she explained it, why we use it and how it works. I like that. I’m a bit anal about how and why things work. She must have figured that out in the first 10 minutes with me.

Eagle
Chessgirl

Post by Chessgirl »

She sounds like a good one, so far. I’m glad it worked out! I’ve been reading along. My therapist really helped kick start things for me. For now I haven’t scheduled anything new with her and I don’t know if I will. Going to a psychologist in mid March for a diagnosis. Gonna figure it out from there. Good luck on your journey !
Chessgirl
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Crow, I think all of us, even the normies put up some sort of cloak, facade we want others to see. Some do it to conceal whats inside and others like us use it to protect what’s inside. I think it’s not a bad thing if done for the right reasons.

Thanks Chessgirl, I’m feeling real positive about it. Maybe it was good the first one bailed on me so I could find this one. Time will tell. That’s great you’re feeling good without more sessions. Got my fingers crossed for you. Good luck to you too.

Eagle
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Glad it went well. I always think the first few visits are weird. But glad she seemed trustworthy and explained things.
Coconuts
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Kokoschka

Post by Kokoschka »

Eagle, happy for you the lady is of your liking and there have been no tomato / potato issues so far ;)
As I wrote here before, I believe it's all a question of sympathy at first sight, something telling you that you can talk to that person.
In reference to your comment to me, hope that in time these issues can be tackled as well :lol:

Kokoschka
..but god bless the child that's got his own... (Billie Holiday)