Hi I am Gloxia and I am new

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Gloxia

Hi I am Gloxia and I am new

Post by Gloxia »

Hello This is my first post,I’ve been sitting here for awhile thinking about all the events in my childhood that would want me to seek out a organization like I survive in the first place.My childhood was an array of beatings,starvation,neglect,and being made available to peodophiles. I never felt loved by my Mother or my siblings. I was the only girl and my Mother liked boys. I lived through a daily barrage of insults bruises, and what I remember most was the hatred that spewed from my Mother I never knew what to expect and what hurt I would experience that day. the terrors I endured caused me layers of self hate and confusion and a yearning for some love and kindness.When I was a youngster I found that school was a safe place,I was a good student because I wanted positive attention. One thing I could never understand is why no adult in my life couldn’t see I wasn’t clothed properly,I had no lunches,Ihad no school supplies,I had no winter clothing. I never received medical treatment unless something needing casting or suturing even then I just sat there and no one asked me any questions. I felt like the world had spit me out.I tried to talk to my Grandmother and she told me never to speak about these things to anyone I never told anyone about my life until I was in my twenties. I have been left even with therapies an unease with my fellow human beings I have been on alert for sixty years and I am tired.
Last edited by Jonesy on Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
serenadaphne

Re: Hi I am Gloxia and I am new

Post by serenadaphne »

Rest, Gloxia. Welcome.
what happened to you matters
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Gloxia

Welcome to isurvive. We see you.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. I relate to much of what you described. I think people choose not to see. Choose to ignore what is right in front of them. And i think some just dont know how to help. Im a teacher and we see kids suffering and we can make reports but there is very little we can do to help. Sometimes we buy shoes and coats or organize charities to help. But most of the time I just feel helpless to help these kids. And I realize, Im sure thats how my teachers felt.

Again welcome. This is a warm accepting place.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Gloxia

Post by Gloxia »

Dear Coconuts,I am so pleased to know that there is an educator who realizes how important school can be for so many deprived youngsters. I have supported teachers my whole life and have actively done what I am able financially and through volunteering within the school system.Here where I live I had the pleasure of meeting a owner of a child’s clothing store ,I was able to purchase all of her remaining stock for winter for 10 cents on the dollar. I would spend anywhere from 700 to !000 and donate the clothing to local schools and daycares. I have helped any organization that I can to help children. I think the spotlight given to the problems faced by children’s makes society as a whole more aware of the challenges families and youngsters have.In my lifetime perhaps the governments will support the initiatives that school boards put forward. The frontline individuals such as teachers and childcare workers need authority to identify child abuse and neglect and actually have support and follow up from concerned officials. It must be aggravating to know there is a problem in a family and have no one to get real help for the people involved. Saying all that if it wasn’t for positive interactions with teachers and librarians I would have not made it to where I am today.I cannot say enough about how those individuals saved my soul. Shout out to all who work in the school system you may be the only people who a chid has.
Last edited by Jonesy on Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
ajei

Post by ajei »

Hi Gloxia,

It's really good to meet you...rest a little and know we see you and hear you.

ajei
kindness

Post by kindness »

Hello Gloxia:
Welcome. You are way overdue for a rest. I could relate to some of your story and please know that we are all here to support each other. The greatest gift one can give another is support. Take all the time you need before you post again and take your deserved rest. We hear you.
kindness