I am new

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

kindness

I am new

Post by kindness »

Ok everyone I am going to dive right in and tell my story. I am still a neophyte on navigating so I don't know if I am replying to someone but here it is. I was molested when I was 15 by a 21 year old man, and had to suffer under my dad's physical abuse for my entire life. The irony here is I ran away from home to get away from the abuse and ended up getting molested! Anyway, I am older and wiser now, my father is deceased, and I forgave my molester years ago after attending intensive therapy. The remainder of my story (as an adult) I am not certain fits within the parameters of this group so I will stop here. I am grateful that I found this online support group and plan on volunteering to stay in a chat room in the near future. Looking forward to hearing from others here. Thank you.
PS: If anyone can let me know how to start a new string if this ends up a reply I would greatly appreciate it.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: I am new

Post by Jonesy »

Hi kindness

A warm welcome to isurvive.
I have moved this from someone else's thread, to be your very own place to say hi.

Please look for an email from Serenity, who will help walk you through how to make a new thread ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi kindness
May I send my warm wishes and welcome to isurvive.

Harmony
kindness

Post by kindness »

Thank you Harmony. This is a healthy, warm, and caring space. I feel blessed to have found it.
quixote

Post by quixote »

Kindness,
This is a good place to be. I find it easy to confide in people here.
quixote
kindness

Post by kindness »

Hi quixote:
Thank you for your support. Despite being new I found your words to ring true already.
kindness
somewhereinbetween

Post by somewhereinbetween »

Hello kindness. Glad you found us!
somewhereinbetweenlostandfound
"It doesn't get easier, we just get stronger."
kindness

Post by kindness »

hello somewhereinbetween:
Thank you! I am thankful I found this forum as well. It has been a catharsis for me!
kindness