Checking Up On Everybody

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Antoinette

Re: Checking Up On Everybody

Post by Antoinette »

Repetition is the root of all boredom. Try something new every day. I’m new here. Antoinette
Ndu

Post by Ndu »

@FrumSurvivor
Thanks, lately I've been trying to encourage myself by saying, "It surely is a great day to be alive." Especially in the morning. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but either way it's worth the shot right?

And it is true that life is priceless, it's been a tough couple of days and today I found myself going back to an old destructive habit of wanting something bad to happen to me that would make the people who've been giving me a hard time feel guilty and remorseful for what they've done. Then, I stopped myself because for the first time in my life I knew that I mattered and my life matters and it wouldn't be worth it. Nobody is worth my demise because even if they feel bad they'll still move on with their lives anyway. I feel empowered honestly, I finally chose my life rather than bending to circumstance. Take care!
Everything is going to be alright, just give yourself time to heal..
Ndu

Post by Ndu »

Hey @Antoinette! Thanks for being here, I think I'll try doing something new everyday too, just to break routine. I hope you are okay, Take care!
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

Ndu - I loved what you said. Gosh, I feel like I need reminders of that every day. Life is invaluable. Life is precious. Repeat!
Loved how you were able to be strong and know your worth so well. Nice!!!
FrumSurvivor
Ndu

Post by Ndu »

Thank you @FrumSurvivor,
Your life matters and I'm really glad you're here. After all we're all still learning and growing AND healing, and that's really powerful. I don't get it right all the time but you have encouraged me this morning. Thanks.
Have an amazing day!
FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor »

Hiya, ndu!! I am so so touched that you say I encouraged you today - that's great! Payback for you encouraging me with your words earlier!
Be well and stay well,
FS
FrumSurvivor
kindness

Post by kindness »

Hi Ndu:
I am doing better today after a rough couple of days. However, I credit this group for getting me through it. Welcome and thanks for checking in.
kindness
Ndu

Post by Ndu »

Hey @Kindness, I'm glad you were doing better, I hope you still are. I'm not doing so great today, a couple of days ago I was sharing some of my sexual harassment experiences with a friend (which were mostly physical). I had read that survivors of abuse had a higher chance of being revictimized compared to people who haven't been and I've always said that I would never allow myself to go through that again. Yet, here I was finding myself recounting tales.. I was saddened, still am, and it hurts realizing that I'd be another statistic. So much healing still needs to be done inside me and although I know it's beneficial, I can't help but wish for it to be done already.
kindness

Post by kindness »

Hey @Ndu:
I am still here and getting the help I need. I am finding that the life rope does not always come as fast as I would like, but the help has always come without fail. I hope you are doing better soon and thanks for checking on me.
kindness
somewhereinbetween

Post by somewhereinbetween »

I was so pleased to come across this thread. If we must struggle we can at least make it a beautiful one. I am so grateful for this place where we dont have to be alone. Where people get it. Checking on all of you too.
somewhereinbetweenlostandfound
"It doesn't get easier, we just get stronger."