Coronavirus

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

quixote

Re: Coronavirus

Post by quixote »

Sherlocked,
Glad you posted. Being stuck inside with a BED does not sound pleasant. Are you getting over the Covid-19? Can you go outside a little more?
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Went out today to get supplies and wore a mask since our governor suggests it to keep people safer.
The sensation of having something over my mouth covering the airways triggered me. It was tight against my face.
I could not take it off so I kept shopping and could feel my body go into that place of fear.
It was a heavy duty type of mask we used during our wildfires a few years ago. I wasn't really triggered back then, so I didn't expect it this time.
Came home and went for a long walk in the woods. Stomped out the fear.

Anyone else having these feelings just blast into your body? Besides managing the "impending doom" vibes and being unable to see my therapists, I have been doing okay just comforting little me throughout the day.
But now this added obstacle is just too much.

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

I actually just dont plan on going anywhere of I have to wear a mask. I am HUGELY triggered by things over my face. I cant even handle peaking my head under the covers. Washing my face and putting shirts on involve this strange breath holding that my husband laughs at me for (because he doesnt understand that it's a trauma trigger) if my head gets stuck in a sweater for just a few seconds longer I'm in full panic by the time I get my head out. Yeah so face even the idea of a face mask and I find myself breathing different. I just comforted my insiders by telling them we just wont go out. It will be okay
Be the Light ๐ŸŒŸ in someone's night.
quixote

Post by quixote »

This is a rough time for a lot of people. But especially hard for us. At least we have isurvive to stay connected. When I go out for a walk, that seems to help a little bit. What works with others?
quixote
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

I think its important for me to stay connected somehow. Phone calls, text, etc. I need to connect. And when I do get a chance to get outside and get fresh air it is definitely a new level of refreshing
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

That refreshing is important, I think. A drive across town for a necessary errand helped, even though I got all turned around and took extra time trying to get home. Seeing buildings and something different go by on the highway. Just being exposed to the day and to outdoor sights for a few minutes.

Reminding myself this morning, that I don't have to go through weeks of isolation on *this day*. Only the portion of time that lasts till bedtime, a single day of it. I don't have to borrow trouble, looking out into the future. But I can see about making something of this day today. :)

And... I'm still here and I'm okay.
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Dear coconuts,

I wear a turtleneck or cowl neck sweater to protect myself. It feels comforting and better than a mask. I pull it up when I need it. A scarf works too. It feels like hiding instead can't breath. Also for you a face shield of plastic might be worth while for shopping. You can get these things on the inter webs. lol

Harmony
quixote

Post by quixote »

I still wear my N95 mask, and you should see how people really avoid me (they must think I am sick).
quixote
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

I just avoid everyone. I wear a sweater and just pull it up over nose for a brief moment if I need to get close to people or if I happen to cough or sneeze ( thank you allergies for making me look like a pariah)

Missing connections. Friends. Family events that have been canceled. Wondering what the future looks like. Spring break is this week. We arent going anywhere. Kids ask if we will go somewhere this summer. We tell them we dont know. The future is uncertain. I know this will end, but when is an answer I dont have for my kids. They miss simple things. The pool. Grocery shopping. Two birthdays with no special dinners out with just mom. Poor kids havent gone anywhere. Well anywhere public. We have gone on hikes.
Sherlocked

Post by Sherlocked »

Iโ€™m hanging in there. My health is finally back to normal but quarantine has been extremely difficult emotionally.
Last edited by Harmony on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited trigger indicator from MT to NT due to no triggering language nor content.
"There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. However bad life may seem, while there is life, there is hope." - Stephen Hawking