hello all

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

Amelie

hello all

Post by Amelie »

I had written something much longer, but PCs being what they are.....one accidental key click deleted it all....I'll that as a sign to keep it succinct.

First of all, thank you for this space. It is invaluable to have safe space. I do not live near any face to face services, so this is a huge help to me. I know it takes a great deal of time and work to keep this space safe and functioning properly, so THANK YOU!

Secondly, thank you for your bravery in sharing your stories. This is all new to me, as I recently remembered early CA by a family friend and can finally name my mother's co-dependency and EA, which I struggled with my whole life but couldn't figure out. When I read your posts, I can relate in one way or another. It breaks my heart for you, me, and each of us here, but gives me strength that we are strong enough to step out of the shadows of the evil that was done to us and rebuild ourselves, our lives, and trust in others as a community. It is beautiful and inspiring to see the collective strength and compassion that is greater than any evil done to us. While I often feel the shadows and dark may consume me, I always come back to the light that remains even in my darkest moments. That is the light I see here in you. May we continue to let that light grow within ourselves.

♥ with gratitude, amelie ♥
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to not triggering language nor content
Watercolor

Re: hello all

Post by Watercolor »

A warm welcome to you, Amelie!
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome Amelie,
This is a great place to share with others who understand at least even in part. To find strength and a space for healing. Sad for the reasons that brought you here, but glad you found us.

Coconuts
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Serenity
Director
Director

Post by Serenity »

Hi and welcome, Amelie. Glad to have you here.

With care,
Serenity
Amelie

Post by Amelie »

Thank you:-)
Last edited by Harmony on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited from MT to NT due to not triggering language nor content
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi Amelie

A warm welcome from me too ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Getup

Post by Getup »

Wecome!
quixote

Post by quixote »

Amelie,
Thank you for posting. Our stories are similar but different, too.
quixote