New here. Just learned of my DID

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

pianoman

New here. Just learned of my DID

Post by pianoman »

Good morning. I've lived into 50s and I just learned that way of functioning with all piles of childhood trauma has a clinical label. DID. I'm here to meet others. I thought I was handing past stuff well but now I'm seeing the truth of the matter. Thanks all for being here.
Chessgirl

Re: New here. Just learned of my DID

Post by Chessgirl »

Welcome! I think you will find this place helpful. We are all struggling with similar issues. Wishing you peace and support.
Chessgirl
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Welcome. Sorry for the reasons that prong you but glad you found us and are working on them. I learned of my DID just a bit less than 2 years ago when i was 38. Nice thing about learning about it, is now we know, things are progressing much better.

Coconuts
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi pianoman
pianoman wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:51 pm I thought I was handing past stuff well but now I'm seeing the truth of the matter.
Never was a truer word spoken... welcome, we hear you ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Crow

Post by Crow »

Hi pianoman,

Welcome to isurvive. :)

Crow
A little boy hides in an adult's disguise.
Quote taken from an original poem that I have written.
gods_child

Post by gods_child »

pianoman,

Welcome to Isurvive! Thanks for introducing yourself. I am happy you feel comfortable sharing, but sorry you have reason to be here. Jonesy is correct, you spoke some true words. We are all continuously growing and healing. This is a new safe space for you. There is a lot of understanding and support to be found. I hope you find what you need here and more.

-gc
Member since Oct 3, 2007
102 Old Posts