Gratitude

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: quixote, Harmony, Jonesy

Bird

Gratitude

Post by Bird » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:13 am

It's been a while since my last visit and I just want to see how everyone is doing and express a big thank you for all support that I received here. Including what is going on around the world I hope everybody is as safe as possible and holding on. Past coluple of months were one of the lowest period in my adulthood, self destruction brought me to an absolute edge. Right now, I am just glad that I can breathe and type and continue to be a mother to my kids. I have arranged the very first appointment with a therapist for the next week. It frightens me to the core and causes a whole another level of distress and doubts, but I am trying to keep the sparkle of hope alive. Accepting the reality still seems impossible but also seems there is no other way.
Despite the pain and horror, this place consists of the bravest people on earth. I am thinking of you all and wishing you peace and comfort. Sincerly grateful that you are here, providing support while fighting your own battles. Thank you for holding the light.

Crow

Re: Gratitude

Post by Crow » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi Bird,
Bird wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:13 am
Despite the pain and horror, this place consists of the bravest people on earth. I am thinking of you all and wishing you peace and comfort. Sincerly grateful that you are here, providing support while fighting your own battles. Thank you for holding the light.
Thank you for this statement. Most of the time it is hard to even acknowledge that I am brave, harder still is to believe it. Sometimes it needs someone to remind us of that, so thank you.

Wishing you well for next week. Keep holding on to hope.

Crow

quixote

Post by quixote » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 am

Bird,
You are right. We struggle yet we keep going. We are probably stronger than we think.
quixote

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Hi Bird,

How did your appointment with the therapist go?

Crow

quixote

Post by quixote » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:00 am

Bird,
The members and the team are ready to help. Looking forward to your next post.
quixote

FrumSurvivor

Post by FrumSurvivor » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:30 am

Bird, thanks for this post.
If it's okay - I also want to express my most sincere appreciation both to the founders and every-patient and amazing moderators on this site - ALL of you! - and to all the incredible people on here who I have found to be impressively honest, brave, supportive, and so so real.
YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!
FrumSurvivor

Bird

Post by Bird » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:25 am

Thank you Crow, quixote. Appointment with the therapist was terrible, overwhelming experience, although she was very kind and spent lots of time reassuring me that it's ok to be there. My mind and body went their own way and half of the meeting I can't even recall. We're in complete lockdown here so haven't yet schedule the next appointment, and to be honest, this serves me well right now as I try to gather the courage to continue. My mind is not cooperative at all.

Thanks for being around. You all are an inspiration and I wish everybody is able to find some peace.

Sending my care,
Bird

Crow

Post by Crow » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi Bird,

Thank you for checking in with us and updating us on how you are and how therapy went.
You know that was an amazing step you took! Trusting someone else outside of isurvive with your story and your struggles. Despite how it went you have done so well, so be proud of yourself! :)
I feel fiercely protective these days when I read of all of the abuse and horrors that any of us here have been through, and this morning I caught up with your story... I am so sorry to read what you endured. However, I also see how much progress you are making, and despite the experience with the therapist I believe that it's another great step on your road to healing.
Keep clinging on to hope! - Cheering you on Bird. You deserve so much peace and positive progress in your life.
Any time you need to vent or just want to share please do confide in us as here you feel able.

Crow

Bird

Post by Bird » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Crow, thank you so much, you are amazingly kind. Your words brought smile on my face even though it's hard to believe that there actually has been a progress. I wasn't really able to share my story with the therapist and I don't think this would be a thing anytime soon. I also am not really able to follow the stories of you, members on here, as it is all too triggering. When I first came here I did a huge mistake by getting into it too deep, which put me in bad place. Despite of not knowing all details of everyone, I certainly know that everybody fights their own demons and by being here, presents the strength and hope for the rest. Thank you for being one of those, showing me the way, the light and the sense of humanity. I am amazed by the strength you radiate and the support you are able to provide while dealing with your own struggles. I wanted this topic only to be about gratitude, so thank you.

Crow

Post by Crow » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi Bird,

Sorry I jumped to conclusions regarding your therapist appointment. Even so, good on you for even going :)
And thank you for your kind words too.

Crow