Concerns on the forums

An area for important announcements and reminders regarding isurvive.
This section will keep you updated with what's going on within our organization.

Moderator: Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

Concerns on the forums

Post by Jonesy »

Hi everyone

I want to share with you our Mission Statement and of what we strive to achieve here:

isurvive.org will provide one of the finest online discussion community centres available to abuse survivors worldwide; to empower, inspire and help heal thousands of lives.

As some of you will be aware, a new member recently made several posts which caused varying degrees of upset. Serenity and I would like to extend an apology to anyone who was affected. Please know that we have spent many hours trying to find a way forwards from this situation.

Every now and then, situations arise which some of us (members and moderators alike) find difficult to navigate. And every now and then, a new member finds it tricky trying to establish themselves within isurvive.

We must trust that no one here would deliberately try to be offensive; but we also know that it is possible to cause offence where none was intended, as the written word can often be misinterpreted.

We want isurvive to remain a secure and productive place for people to heal. We want to be sure that everyone gets this opportunity and work very hard to keep the membership feeling safe and valued.

Regarding this one member:
• We have removed all their posts
• We have reached an agreement with them moving forwards, which we will closely monitor
• They will be reactivated within the next few hours

We hope you can appreciate the delicate balance involved in ensuring everyone gets the opportunity they need to heal. Mistakes made are always to be learned from and ought to be viewed as an opportunity to turn things around.
Ultimately, isurvive is not a good fit for all – but we believe everyone deserves the chance to find out.

Please don’t hesitate to make email contact if you have any questions or concerns
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: Concerns on the forums

Post by Jonesy »

Hi all

This post is to let you know that the member concerned has now had their account at isurvive deleted.
Despite our best efforts to assist them in meaningful participation, their posts continued to cause ripples and we simply couldn't allow this to continue.

Please don't hesitate to email if you have any further concerns.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Orange Sycamore

Post by Orange Sycamore »

Thanks Jonesy x
Orange Sycamore
Nature

Post by Nature »

Thank you. I was on the verge of leaving. I appreciate your hard work.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you Jonesy.

ISurvive is a safe forum, welcoming to all -- sadly, not everyone appreciates, respects, this space.
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
forestbear

Post by forestbear »

thank you for your hard work, for being so open, and for your display of compassion.
reisha

Post by reisha »

{{{{{ISURVIVE STAFF!!!}}}}}}

my heart breaks for y'all, the difficulty in resolving this sitch. i can only imagine the many hrs & convos that occurred, let alone any-a yer own issues bein triggered.
{{{THANK YA!!!}}} SOOOO much for .... well, just EVERYTHING!!!

btw, LOVE The Husband's imagery
Last edited by Jonesy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included