isurvive.org will provide one of the finest online discussion community centres available to abuse survivors worldwide, to empower, inspire and help heal thousands of lives.
Constitution and Bylaws
The name of the group shall be: ‘isurvive.org’
The aims of the group are to:
- reach out to survivors of childhood abuse and let them know they don’t have to face things alone; largely via the online support group isurvive/ public speaking engagements/ the website/ email and where necessary phone contact
- provide a gateway for survivors to reach further sources of help and assistance for their individual needs
- be a public and positive ‘face’ for all survivors and carry the message of hope
- provide information for all who seek it on the subject of recovery, awareness and education on the effect and prevalence of childhood abuse in our society
- actively seek to promote public awareness and understanding of childhood abuse, and the impact on adult survivors
The group shall have the following powers to:
- raise funds and apply for, invite, obtain, collect and receive contributions, grants, & otherwise
- employ any paid worker to assist in the attainment of the aims of the group
- rent or own property and equipment necessary to achieve the aims
- affiliate to any local or national group or association that the Management Committee decides is appropriate and disaffiliate from any group or organization if continued affiliation be, in the Management Committee’s view, against the interests of the group
- do all such other lawful things as shall further the attainment of the aims
- Membership of the group shall be open to anybody who has the use of internet access who are 18 years of age and above
- The committee may terminate any membership of any member bringing the group into disrepute
5. Board of Directors Committee
a) A committee consisting of:
- 1 Chair
- 1 Vice-chair
- 1 Treasurer
- 1 Secretary
- Communications Committee Chair
- 1 Moderator Representative
- 1 Member Representative
shall be elected to manage the affairs of the group.
b) All officers and members shall be elected annually at the AGM.
c) The Officers and Board of Directors shall serve until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting after their election and are eligible for re-election.
d) The Board of Directors may fill any casual vacancy on the Panel including vacancies among the Officers and any person appointed shall serve until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.
e) The Panel may co-opt up to 2 persons on to the Board of Directors panel and they shall have full voting rights.
f) The committee may appoint such people as it thinks fit as advisers, but advisers shall not have voting rights.
g) The committee shall meet a minimum of 4 times per year, once every 3 months.
h) Establish such sub-groups that the Board of Directors feel is necessary to achieve the aims of the group. Any such groups shall not enter into legal or financial agreement without the prior authority of the Board of Directors.
6. General Meetings
The Annual General Meeting
a) The Annual General Meeting of the group shall be held once a year. This shall be held not more than fifteen months after the holding of the preceding AGM.
b) At least 14 days’ notice shall be given to all members.
c) The purpose of the Annual General Meeting is to
- receive and adopt the Annual Accounts
- receive the Annual Report from the Chair person
- elect members and officers for Board of Directors
- consider any motion before the meeting
- appoint an appropriate person to independently examine the books and determine Special/Emergency General Meetings
d) Special/Emergency General Meetings may be called by the Board of Directors whenever they feel it is necessary for the organization and all members will have at least 2 days’ notice of the meeting. The notice of the meeting shall give details of the business to be discussed at the meeting.
e) Only the business specified in the notice for the meeting shall be discussed at the Special/Emergency meeting.
7. Rules of proceedings at all meetings
a) The Quorum (the minimum number of members needed for a meeting to go ahead) at:
- a general meeting shall be 4 people
- the AGM shall be 5 people
b) All questions at any meeting shall be decided by a simple majority in the event of a tie the Chair shall have a casting vote (a second vote).
8. Funds and Finance
a) All funds shall be devoted to the objects of the group.
b) A bank account shall be opened in the name of the group
c) A PayPal account will be opened for donations to be transferred into the main account and a link to the PayPal account will be made accessible on the site.
d) All cheques shall be signed by 2 of signatories authorised by the committee none of whom shall be related or live at the same address.
e) The financial year shall run from January
9. Alterations to the Constitution
Amendments to the constitution may be made by a resolution passed by a majority of the members at the Annual General Meeting or Special/Emergency General Meeting. Proposed alterations should be circulated to the membership not less than 7 days before the date of the meeting.
A resolution to dissolve the group must be passed at a General Meeting and carried by a two-thirds majority of those present. Any assets held by the organisation after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall be given or transferred to an organisation with similar aims.