Just sitting here

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

grandma in pain

Just sitting here

Post by grandma in pain »

Hey everyone,

Like it says, I'm just sitting here. Kinda setting back, enjoying the quiet; the peacefulness right now that this forum brings me; not letting anything else in except the good vibes from here.

I'm honestly not doing anything different physically because I'm setting back, sort of laying somewhat, on my bed with my little dog, but I'm allowing myself to "hear" the quietness and take in the serenity. It's honestly so rare that I even think about allowing myself to do that. And that's nobody's fault but my own when you think about it.

So yeah. Here I am, thinking about all of you and how much you have all brought to my life over the years. What this safe place means to me.

Life gets crazy busy for all of us and I'm just so glad that I took notice of where I was at after I signed in a few minutes ago and noticed the peaceful serenity of just "being."

grandma in pain
You will forever be in my heart...
(Member since March 21, 2008; 1324 previous posts)
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just sitting here

Post by Harmony »

Hey what an idea! I will take it easy right now as well. Putting my feet up and resting a spell as the used to say. Hard work is great for recovery but so is rest. Happy balance is what I seek. So I may just pull up a chair and sit down with you. Grateful for the opportunity to watch the world go by.

Harmony
Paper

Re: Just sitting here

Post by Paper »

I’ll sit here too, not so restfully inside but I can put my feet up (they are), and let my body take a rest. Maybe my mind will have time to come along. That makes me think of a bucket analogy I heard a long time ago. I’m using it now to apply to this by saying my body is the bucket, and my mind and emotions are the water inside, and I’ve been rushing all around with the bucket for quite a while looking for a safe place to set it down and when I do that, the analogy says, the water’s going to keep sloshing around a bit before it settles. This is a safe enough place for me to pause and take a little time to set my bucket down for now.
"... I've been livin' in my own shell so long:
The only place I ever feel at home...."

"I Never Wrote Those Songs," Alice Cooper, Dick Wagner, 1977, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.