For the members who remember Lori

An area for new members to introduce themselves, as well as a place where all members can share concerns, questions or general posts.
Everyone is welcome here.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, Jonesy

grandma in pain

For the members who remember Lori

Post by grandma in pain »

For those of you who remember Lori, the 12 year anniversary of her passing is coming up. Every year I post about her on my social media, and even though I had been inactive on here for sooo many years after her passing (being here was just too hard for me), I would stop in and post in memory of her.

This year I will be away during that time, February 22nd, and I'm so afraid that between the 5 hour time difference and being so busy and distracted, that I will forget. And I don't want to forget.

Lori and I were very good and close friends and it took me months and MONTHS to stop looking for texts, missed calls and voice mails from her whenever I was away from my phone for awhile. It also took quite some time before I no longer cried over losing her.

Sometimes I think, "WOW! It's been almost 12 years." And then other times I think, "It's only been 12 years?" because I feel like I've been without her for so much longer.

I will try to remember to post about her, even if it's the night before or late in the day on the 22nd. In the meantime,

HERE'S TO OUR FEARLESS LEADER, LORI

grandma in pain
You will forever be in my heart...
(Member since March 21, 2008; 1324 previous posts)
quixote

Re: For the members who remember Lori

Post by quixote »

grandma in pain,
By posting, we keep Lori's memory alive.
earthhorse

Post by earthhorse »

This is a wonderful idea grandma in pain. I wholeheartedly support it.
"One kind word can warm three winter months"
grandma in pain

Post by grandma in pain »

Thank you, earthhorse. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner...

grandma in pain
You will forever be in my heart...
(Member since March 21, 2008; 1324 previous posts)