Unfair

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Chessgirl

Unfair

Post by Chessgirl »

I watched something the other day about blacksheeps. Apparently they often get treated unfairly by extended family and friends and society because when people see the way a persons own parents treat them badly, it sends a message that it’s ok to treat that person poorly too. This is not what was said in the video word for word but that’s what I got from it in a nutshell. Makes sense because my whole life I’ve felt that I was singled out by teachers, friends and everyone . I never understood why. I guess the expression of your own mother doesn’t love you who will has some truth to it. My children and husband love me but I feel like an alien around everyone else , I don’t trust people and feel everyome I meet would side with my mom if given the chance.
Chessgirl
dancingfish

Re: Unfair

Post by dancingfish »

It's a difficult one and indeed unfair, Chessgirl. I think there are a lot of ways abuse can affect how we relate to and develop connections with other people. Here listening, caring and sending you support.
Chessgirl

Re: Unfair

Post by Chessgirl »

Thank you for your support and kindness dancingfish
Chessgirl