Life of There: 2020

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Watercolor

Re: Life of There: 2020

Post by Watercolor »

Great news from your supervisor!

Sorry to hear you would lose out on some phone calls if you went with the new t.

I hope the tears helped some. Though I do not enjoy it, crying is one of my best tools.

Good deal on the walk, the poker, and the vocalizing. Every bit of better is valuable. I hope the night also holds good rest for you.

Edit: remove tw
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Yay on lifting your mood a bit. Glad you had company tonight and a bit of release in singing. Sometimes my kids and I do karaoke, well not really we just play the lyrics with the music on out amazon tv and then we all sing together. It's one of our favorite together things to do. Very lifting.
Hope tonight is good and you sleep well tonight.
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
there

Post by there »

Oh, thanks, coconuts,
Karaoke with the kids sounds fun!
Another slow start. Just watching Sanditon on PBS Passport. $5/mo gets me streaming series before they’re all shown in tv.
Praying for strength, for my will to be stronger. Just in daily progress, getting to drawing, not putting things off.
Well, I haven’t been. Took care of several medical things, got rental meeting done, got to sleep by 11:30, up at a decent morning hour.
Have a physical today. Will get that done, too.
As I said, praying for strength.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Kudos on getting medical stuff done, like the physical! Those aren't easy to approach. Hope other tasks and activities come about with greater ease and that it can be a decent (or better!) day.
there

Post by there »

Watercolor, sorry I didn’t see your previous post til now! Thank s for your empathy and cheer.

Last night’s sleep was pretty good. the physical went well. Colonoscopy to be scheduled. I have to find someone to go with me. You can’t leave alone. Last time, it was my dear Dad. 😥

Was sooo tired. Hope I can still sleep tonight after crashing for an hour this evening.

T called to check-in. We had a good, brief discussion. I’m seeing her next week.

I have to keep working on social life.

Thanks for reading.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Urgh to the colonoscopy! I was relieved with my last one that I can go 10 years before another. It sounds like you've done the prep and had one before, since you mentioned your dad accompanying you?

Good that you were able to connect with your t and I hope that gives a little boost to your week.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Glad connection with t went well.

I think a lot of us are working on social connections.

Hope you find peaceful slumber tonight. Hope you're asleep right now.
there

Post by there »

Hi, Watercolor and coconuts,
I don’t mind having the colonoscopy. It’ll be good to get it done.

Apparently, mammogram shows I have ‘dense breasts’. I knew that from before. It’s a risk factor for breast cancer. So far, my risk is 2.15, below the 2.50 which would mean I‘do need an MRI or ultrasound. I reeeeally like that Dr. M will answer all questions as fully as he can and takes time to educate me about lots of things. A doctor willing to educate a patient is a gem. He also went over sleep hygiene with me. I know about it, but that and a handout helped.

T kinda knew I might be looking for a different T. Told her I wanted to talk about it at appt. Decided that for now, I’d see her as needed, but that would mean I give up regular appointment time. That’s ok.

Well, woke up after about 6 hours and am going to go back to sleep as hygienically as possible.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

Good for an informative Dr appointment. J think that's what we all appreciate. Not being talked to. But having a conversation about how to better care for our body or watch for risks.

I guess good that you had a conversation with t. Hope it's what you really wanted.

Hoping for more sleep for you. 6 hours isn't terrible for me but not quite enough to be my best.
Watercolor

Post by Watercolor »

Oh, good! Some folks dread colonoscopies.

I hope if you embark on a t search that one emerges quickly as a good fit.

Lifelong density here, too. Though I've never received a risk number. Interesting and informative! And it's such a comfort to find a physician whose communication style you enjoy.

Wish that more sleep had been on the menu for you.