still going on

This is a place for old members to come and share how their healing journeys have progressed.
Its also a place for those members to reconnect and share their experiences.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

VAC

Re: still going on

Post by VAC »

Hello,

I have had many thoughts about mother the last few days...she talked to me when I was very young; I guess she had no one else and thought I was too little to know or remember.

Sad. Things I never should have heard or have to process. She was in love with a man who she was engaged to during WWII. She outranked him.

I grew up seeing his picture, knowing "he should have been your father". He kept track of her all those years.

Several years after mother's death, I sent him the faded photographs and traces of love, his letters....he was 95 and in very good health. He called me and was surprised. I wanted him to know, to have the parts of him that she had treasured all of her life. My grandmother did not approve of him because of religion.....she married my dad, a younger disabled veteran, without telling her folks.

I could have said more to this man, but wanted to be merciful: he got the drift.

It was something I believed I needed to do for my mother. There were too noble to actually do anything about it. He came to see her a few years before she died. She really had so little in life that was hers....I tried to get her to leave my dad and have a life.

I have never met another human with eyes like hers, brilliant steel gray/blue that truly reminded me of a high end star sapphire. She was smart, erudite, courageous, spiteful, generous, faithful, committed, beautiful. She delighted in giving my dad hell.

She traveled with us.

I miss her.

V.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Your mother sounds a wonderful woman VAC

Parents are special people, even when nasty - more of a self memo, as dad is being stubborn to point of having to be put into care - something he vehemently opposes

Naturally you miss her

I trust you and your family discussed concerns, had closure, prior to death separating you

Much caring
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
VAC

Post by VAC »

I miss them all....
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hearing you, VAC
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
VAC

Post by VAC »

Hello to all,

Interesting things going on....several years ago I rescued a stray that ate rocks and wood outdoor furniture: the beast did a great deal of damage. A friend has come to repair some of the greatest damage for which I am very grateful.

I have very little family left...one first cousin that I know about on my father's side. He and I stay in contact. More recently, I have one uncle still living who has said to him he is sorry he has not acknowledged me as he should and wants to see me again. He is in his 80's now.

I have been resented by some of the family as it appears my biological grandfather on that side may have been a gypsy of sorts, which would explain the hodge podge of ethnicities I contain and my skin color.

On a brighter note, I am looking for someone to give me voice lessons....I need to restrengthen my voice and range.

WE have a hurricane headed this way....Dorian will come near us but not on us.

I have discovered something about CSA....if I keep pouring what wounded me back into the wound I so desperately want to heal, it will never heal.

VAC
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Please look for an email from me ;)
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello VAC

Thinking of you and all those who are or will be affected by Hurricane Dorian

Much caring
VAC

Post by VAC »

Thanks,

The hurricane did not touch us...

VAC
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you VAC for saying you were not affected by latest Hurricane

"Dorian" certainly wreaked havoc in diverse places
VAC

Post by VAC »

Fleur,

Thanks for your concern...the last two before Dorian, smacked us but good. I am sorry for the folks in the Bahamas.

Have had a passing thought...most of my life I have been degraded by others; I need to not degrade myself.

Hello to all....
It is still beastly hot here, all records broken,

V.