There: 2019

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

reisha

Re: There: 2019

Post by reisha »

Hi there
Readin along.
Sum similar activities twen us, art wise
I think, altho our methods difer, we're workin thru sum very similar issues,things. Learnin to love, accept our Whole selves/self, siftin thru the 'yuk' lies, statements, beLIEfs to find & reconnect to our own Real Truths.
Keep upp yer good work!
(& a yea! Attagirl on the time/practice commitment) - ya *do* realize that thats a commitment to Self, dontcha😉? Its an act of deep self love. I hope ya can bask in that love, grow it big & huge.

Sendin uch support, admiration & love
Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
there

Post by there »

Thanks, reisha,
‘I hope you can bask in that love, grow it big & huge’. Thanks for saying that. Love is the most important thing, I believe. Easy to lose sight of, but the real power source.
Will keep up the good work!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi there,

That’s so cool. It sounds like you’re having fun with the challenges of learning new techniques.

Congratulations on honouring your commitment to your daily mantra meditation. That’s a big deal, to stick to it every day. Hats off to you.

I hope a good weekend is ahead.

Couragetoday
recover

Post by recover »

(((((((((((there))))))))))
hugs and support sorry can't say much more.
recover xo
there

Post by there »

Ct, 'having fun with the challenges of learning new teachniques'---what a great way to Think of it! Thanks :)

Yes every day, usually morning, 11 minute mantra meditation. I'm not a perfectionist about how I do it. I do the visualization part as much as I can, but if my mind wanders, it's okay. Hopefully, I'm building commitment and other areas of my life, and this definitely helps.

Recover,
Thank you for your support and for showing up. I really appreciate it.
coconuts

Post by coconuts »

That's amazing there. It shows that you are committed to yourself which is so wonderful.

Cheering you on

Coconuts
Be the Light 🌟 in someone's night.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi there,

Not being a perfectionist about how you practice sounds like the perfect way to practice!
Sometimes the intention I set when meditating is one I’ve heard elsewhere-that is, being unwilling to judge myself, the entire experience.
I think just taking the time to do it and gently noticing the mind wandering can help in so many ways.

Cheers,

Couragetoday
earthhorse

Post by earthhorse »

if okay?

((((((((((((There)))))))))))

To me you are so powerful. After all you have been through, the challenges you are forced to face, and the horrible messages it left you with, how it all sought to put out your light and exclude you, the lies you fight - you have found a way to feel alive and curious and creative. Loving and kind and connected. You are learning and evolving and reaching for things you love and desire. And you keep showing up for yourself, Reisha is right that is a sign of deep self love, and that is the truth. You live well.

Just want you to know you are perfect. And I guess once you are such a beautiful perfect being, whatever you do is awesome!

Love,
EH
"One kind word can warm three winter months"
there

Post by there »

Thanks so much, coconuts, Ct, eh for your thoughtful, uplifting posts.
coconuts, thank you for cheering me on :)

Ct, I like your points. For me, I think the non-judgmental aspect of yoga—including meditation— is the most helpful and freeing!

eh, ‘you have found a way to feel alive and curious and creative.’ Those are real power. Abuse has its effects, but abusers really must feel/be powerless to act as they do.
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi there,

I don’t have much experience with yoga, but the tiny bit of chair yoga I have tried, having a non-judge mental approach while doing the simple movements felt really uplifting & freeing. So I can relate a bit to what you say.

I hope this weekend is going OK for you.

Couragetoday