Fleur's 2019 Thread

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Couragetoday

Re: Fleur's 2019 Thread

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

Whoa, you’ve had a lot going on.
The dynamics with Clark sound really nice! hope that any potential triggering backlash can be managed.

Completely empathizing with you regarding bathroom issues. It’s a huge, similar deal here also , And really get how it Makes daily life challenging. So so hoping that testing reveals something helpful for you.

Thinking of you often despite not being here much.

Couragetoday
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello there and Couragetoday. Thank you for thinking of me

Suppose many people have occasional issues that are embarrassing. Sorry that you can relate, Couragetoday - would really like us both to not have regular bathroom concerns

"Clark" has sent almost daily messages since he returned home. Some of his family are in a potential fire danger zone, so we are both hoping they are all right, because he cannot reach them via phone at the moment

There's another man with whom I've corresponded for a few years who sends a message most nights. He's a great procrastinator - been talking of moving for almost all that time - think he's another person who might be ok in small doses, but not for lengthy indepth conversation

Had interview today. I'll know in around two weeks what outcome might be. According to my support person, I have been accepted for assistance, but we don't know the extent

Interviewer said a few times I wouldn't be disadvantaged from previous coverage... However, new agency will not cover services such as my special footwear, wheeled Walker, nurse visits, massages. On the positive side, it appears I might be able to see a T fortnightly - time will tell

No, T hasn't contacted me. I'll phone her on Monday

Haven't heard from EMDR staff either since I phoned yet again - spoke with a person this time so message left was more detailed

Agree there that it probably is the process rather than how much is administered. Had a disturbed sleep, so feel tired from that as much as all else going on

Wishing everyone a very happy weekend
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
I guess possiblenew assistance has good and bad aspects. Maybe sing the tea is the biggest benefit for you? Good work, by the way. :)

Hope that Clark's family we'll be okay.

I think a lot of people are okay in small doses. Satisfying In depth conversation is not that easy to find in my experience. Won't stop me from looking for it though :)

Admiring your persistence about EMDR.

Hope you get more restorative sleep soon!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
thinking of you and sending gentle hugs

<3
ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
recover

Post by recover »

thinking of you dear fleur and hoping you are ok.
recover xoxo
reisha

Post by reisha »

Hi fleur

Hope ya & soxy are doin well. Just droppin in to check on ya

Sendin much love, care & support
Last edited by Jonesy on Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content
dancingfish

Post by dancingfish »

Hey Fleur. :) Was just thinking of you earlier today, hope you're doing kind of alright! It's good to hear you have some possible more support, and a t, in the future. Hope you've been able to rest a bit and continue to mend, too. Every day is a little victory, even when it's hard.

I was reflecting on some words on the forum the other day and recalling that I partly learnt how to interact here in a more caring manner from reading your words. They're always so thoughtful, and kind. Thank you for being your very dear self here, even when times aren't easy.

If okay, offering you big soft blankets and a soothing cup of herb and flower tea. Wishing you and Soxy well!
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hmmmm..... Methinks a post or two vanished....

Thank you so much reisha, there, dancingfish, wolfspirit, recover, for writing, sending your thoughtfulness. Really appreciated

Feels like a rollercoaster but sideways - best I can explain. In some ways, like attending Church and Pdoc, am ok. Other ways, such as money and internet use, not so great.

Been kind of keeping up with daily tasks

Not really much else on home front

Ants are a pest

No news re Soxy

No contact with son

Nice typed messages from "Clark" plus a couple of other people

Have been accepted by Govt agency but need my Case Manager to help me decipher funding available

Been assessed for 4 week inpatient EMDR program, probably happen late Autumn

Sh continues to be an enigma - sh overnight, make it "better" in morning

Su thankfully mostly more in background lately, except trips me up without conscious awareness - caught self attempting to walk in front of truck for instance

Wishing energy level was higher. Start something, then need to rest before completion. That annoys me soooo much

Feel for those who are in weather extremes, disaster areas

May we all enjoy many precious moments this week
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Missed you, Fleur.
Sounds like a lot going on in your world.
Thinking about Soxy and hope you will reunite before long.
Sending love and gentle support.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Hello there

Missed being here too

Some days just not enough energy, other days lose posts. A few times couldn't get past security code

I'm hoping Soxy comes back very soon and my sister collects gifts for family, especially for her granddaughter - or she'll have grown out of items before they arrive

The baby bag has gone from about half full to almost overflowing, because I'll see something for a dollar or so - literally! - and pop it into the parcel. I bought a very pretty party dress for $10 marked from nearly $50; however, the little girl won't be able to wear it much longer

My worker helped me empty four boxes and determine a fifth was lightweight books (mass not content, smile). Kitchen corner is finally clear, although I have lots of dishes to wash, then find space in cupboards

Glad I'm going to big city on Wednesday rather than tomorrow. Only had 2 hours snooze around dawn. Really praying for a restful long slumber overnight

May all the snow soon melt as Spring returns to your part of the planet

Best wishes to you and Tula