Living again

This is a safe area that discusses stories and experiences of a positive nature surrounding healing, for the abused and loved ones. This area is safe from triggering and explicit material.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

Iaspire

Re: Living again

Post by Iaspire »

Hi ws,

You are most welcome. :)

I’ve had two therapists, both were compassionate people, but I initially wished that I could find a therapist who could relate with me with their own experiences so I could learn from them & see that I could actually get past my issues by seeing that others had done the same. I’m actually glad that neither could because I don’t wish for anyone to have had those experiences in common with me. This is why I think this forum is a really great resource & I wish I would have discovered it sooner. I think it’s good for any of us to see what recovering can look like. I wish I could completely overcome everything, but I am hopeful that I will. Either way, I like reading about people who are doing better than I am with moving forward with their lives while I am hopeful that anything I can offer will be helpful to those who are not as far into their recovery. Sometimes it’s really hard to look into the mirror, so to speak, sometimes it’s not as hard. And sometimes I just don’t have it in me to try to look & I go back to burying my thoughts because I’m just not up to it. But I want to say that sometimes, while I’m aware of what I’ve made it through, I don’t even need to look at it. Sometimes I’m just living without thinking about what I came through. I’m just living. Like “normal” people do haha!

Absolutely! Here’s to moving ahead, no matter how much or how little! Progress to any degree is progress!! And here’s to being oblivious that we even have a need to celebrate progress!

I’m wishing for peace for all of us<3 :D
Deedleberry

Post by Deedleberry »

Hi Iaspire,

You found the purpose to your healing, the reason why you work so hard to recover, and that's the most encouraging and satisfying goal!
Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed Mt to NT, as no triggering content
Iaspire

Post by Iaspire »

Hi Deedleberry,

Finding purpose...I never would have thought I needed to do this when I first began to try to heal or recover. Maybe I knew that was what I was looking for but didn’t consciously think of it in that way. Wow. I guess I have found this :)

I’m happy that it is encouraging to anyone. I just hope it’s not like misleading to anybody. When I mention that I sometimes will have a bad day I should have added that I can have more than one of them in a row. I just had some bad days & had to try really hard to work through them. I want to be like Taylor Swift & just “shake it off,” hahaha, but it doesn’t work for me when I try to ignore it, even when I accept a memory for what it was without denying it by trying not to think about it. For me, I have to work through it. But it’s taxing. It takes a lot out of me.

Well, here I am again. I’ve made it through another round of unpleasant memories & the effects they have on me. I feel better now that I faced those memories instead of denying them the intense attention they cause me to pay them. Okay, time to get on with life!! I think I hear my bike calling me!!

Best wishes to you my friend, & take good care :)
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Wonderful to hear from you, Iaspire.

gentle hugs,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
Iaspire

Post by Iaspire »

Thanks, WS :)
I hope you've been doing well. I'm doing okay & have been doing a LOT of bike riding which has been a huge help.
gentle hugs for you as well
johnram

Post by johnram »

Appreciate this is an old post, but i just want to thank you for sharing

i am in an inbetween point of low and pushing myself back up, and whats helping me is moving

i have a few injuries that stopped me moving for circa 5 weeks, big mistake, i should have worked around them, which i now am

i find movement, is the best medicine, therapy has its place, but moving just makes me feel empowered at such a strong level

thank you for your stories