Fleur's 2018 thoughts

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by there »

Fleur,
So good to see yr back in your place.
New T sounds very helpful and wise. True enough, insiders have helped you get this far and that's appreciable.
Am currently in flight to see sister.
Minor struggle with losing letter from T for Tula to sit on my lap as Emotional Support Animal.
Airline made me buy a pet carrier and put her in it to board cuz no letter from T as lost from purse.
Tussle with poor Tula to fit her in it while in terminal. Had to carry which isn't good for my knees. Put her in carrier under seat in front. Of me.
Meanwhile, T had to email me copy of ESA letter.
I asked flight attendant about, showing her the email.
Result: Tula is sprung from the mesh prison and lying on my lap.
My butt is sore from sitting. 2 hours + to go. But Tula is doing well.
Soxy seems talkative. I bet he missed you!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

{{FLEUR!!}}

glad to read of pos t experience.

inna recent post, ya said sumtin bout 'how hard its been for ya, since ya moved', & that really stuck w/ me, rang bells ... touched deep. i was wonderin if ya could elaborate on that any more? cuz, i find im kinda havin the same, or similar ( even tho i been here 2 yrs; what w/ flood & all ... & even b4...) - its been .. difficult for me to .... Get It Together - either my physical space, or my mental headspace & ... how they impact each other. & like ya, the .... physical issues ( for me, 'decrepitude'!, lol!) - or, maybe ya were talkin bout sumtin different/else?

im so glad to read yer back home, w/ soxy. - oh, he's tellin both glad yer home, & what took ya so long!! :P

sendin tons of love & soft hugs
Last edited by Ashia on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to NT, as no triggering content included
Noname

Post by Noname »

Hi Fleur,

I'm really smiling after reading your last post. I'm glad that you received such thorough care from the hospital. And it sounds like your new T is great. I was really glad to read that. You deserve good care. I think Soxy's meows could be a combination of "I missed you" and "Just where have YOU been?" Cats are like that. I'm sure he's glad to have you home.
wolfspirit

Post by wolfspirit »

Fleur,
I'm so happy for the supports in place for you. Seems like what you said- the whole person- is being cared for. So wonderful!

The t must really care about your health if she is thinking ahead- allowing for the adjustments the insiders need- and that allows for hope and motivation. Another awesome thing for you.

I'm so very happy to read your update of progress and imagining Soxy expressing his feelings about it, too.

sending gentle hugs,

ws
Wounds are where the light enters you.
Rumi
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

There... So great that you were proactive assertive and whatever else ought to be said regarding flight and Tula. Sounds a long flight but would be much more of everything had you used any other transport. Excellent that flight staff respected emailed letter

Reisha ... Yes. I've struggled. Very little unpacked. Few contacts. Isolate apart from appointment and shopping times. Got a case manager who is hoping to link me into community activities

NN ... Soxy is being a total smooch. Even though the lounge room door is open where he usually darts around he has chosen to be as close as possible in my bed

Wolfspirit ... It's a lovely change to have care for entire person. It's just registered that this is a university hospital so no wonder there are many students from various health disciplines asking for information. Senior doctors all have entourage of juniors … some queried me and some poked and prodded

Reflecting upon new T. It's amazing how quickly I settled in with her. Guess she is really good at her job. What a blessing

Yesterday all stitches were removed from skin cancer sites. The 3 on my cheek were easily pulled. Two rows under eyelid a mixed bunch. Yelped but kept both eyes closed so didn't flinch as sharp cut threads. Some were easier than others. Took ten minutes as she was patient and let me take deep breaths

Left eye hurts but cheek is fine. The bruising has gone along with swelling. There's a good half inch long scar with double raised edge. I'm to return in four months for check up

Everything seemed to go well at church today. Said my four minute talk I think coherently. No-one objected

Met someone I knew long ago so we chatted an hour before her train arrived. Nice to catch up

Went there and back dry. Heavy rain started again a few minutes after I locked front door

Soooo tired

Bye for now
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

Thanks for sharing your updates here.
So much going on.
Glad that the stitches are out and sounds like it’s healing well.
Fantastic that new T seems like a good match. Really hope that continues to go well.

Blessings,

Couragetoday
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Yay, that the stitches are out and it's not too sore. I hope the scar will fade or won't bother you too much.

Sounds like new T will work out optimally with you. :)

How cool that you bumped into an old friend and could catch up. Is the friend at church?

I bet you did a great job with your presentation, Fleur!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you there and Couragetoday for your generous support

Am very flat. Exhausted from so little sleep these past couple of weeks

Wishing you both very well
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Noname

Post by Noname »

Hope you're feeling better, Fleur, and that you've been able to get some sleep. Thinking of you.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thanks NN. I have slept during day - usually no more than 2 hours but close to five on Monday

Dreading nurse seeing me. Had been really looking after self. Then last night sh. So quickly to undo the slow healing

Been hibernating aka isolation

May all be well with you and family