Fleur's 2018 thoughts

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Fleur

Re: Fleur's 2018 thoughts

Post by Fleur »

Thank you recover

Nearly cancelled appt. Feel very unwell. But here on train OK. Should get there just in time.

May you enjoy good start for your work week
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Hello dear Fleur

Huge kudos to you for making it onto the train for your appointment when you are not feeling well. I really hope you get what you need from the appointment. The options for care sound very positive. I have everything crossed that you can put together the right mix with the right people and that the atmosphere & environment are as helpful and supportive as they sound.

I have recently come to the conclusion that I may benefit from some residential care although it is not possible for me financially or on the NHS. It makes my heart lift that out there such a variety of services may exist.

Gentle, loving care to you. Extra rest is available for you after your appointment. I hope the journey home is not too arduous.

Our brave, determined Fleur.

((((((((((((((((( Fleur ))))))))))))))

Jitterbug
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Fleur,

Hmmmm...maybe I exaggerated. Maybe dog grooms for about an hour.
He really focusses on his paws. And chewing his nails.
Sometimes I think he is part cat because of this behaviour and others as well.
It was both sad and funny-when he had his cone on, he could see his front paws through the cone, and would lick the cone thinking he was cleaning his paws. Poor guy.

Thanks for explaining more about the mental health system where you are. Sounds very different than resources here.
If there is a need to use them I hope they are helpful.

Hope you started to feel better as the day went on and made it to your appointment OK.

Wishing you well for this week.

CT
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you Jitterbug and Couragetoday for posting. Lovely to read from you.

Jitterbug - whatever course is best for you, may it open up opportunities for your healing

Couragetoday - thanks for the word pic of your dog licking cone, paws. Think it would look funny. Glad he doesn't need cone

Yes, appt went OK. A lot of paperwork. Next, earliest, intake is May. Assessor shall communicate with pdoc about what might help meantime

Went to govt agency for confirmation paperwork for rent - with it, rent stays same; without, rent goes up $120+ per week

Missed last bus, so walked back. A pleasant evening, but took over 45 minutes to traverse a mile, 1.6km. Once, I would have done the distance in around quarter of an hour. Sigh - so many changes inside and out

Soon as got in, patted Soxy then lay on bed. Tired on wakening today. Feet very sore. See podiatrist this PM, so that might help

Wishing us all a peaceful day
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Fleur,
Glad you got crucial confirmation paperwork. Sorry that walk was so long and tiring after no bus.

Hope that podiatrist can help feet feel better.

Sending a gentle breeze, sunshine, a vase of bright flowers to you. Pats for Soxy. A woof and snuggle from Tula.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Gentle hugs from me.

What an achievement today.

Jitterbug
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you there and Jitterbug

Went to ladies lunch then saw podiatrist. Feet felt much better. But today, both great toes are very sensitive. Hopefully soon passes

Weird dreaming and Soxy jumping up overnight. He usually sleeps elsewhere at night as I'm so restless. Last night, he tried all sorts to snuggle. Must have been the cooler air

Rained heavily earlier. Now sunny and steamy. Need to get things more organised... Been saying that for so long. I wish I had a magic wand, then no-one would have need of being here, cos all aspects of life were and are "good enough"

I'm so tired - wish I could leap out of bed to greet new day, full of energy

Bye for now
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Wishing you all the rest you need.

Sorry to hear about your toes. You have tackled loads these past few days. I'm guessing that can't be helping the energy levels?

JB
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Thank you Jitterbug for your perceptive words

Another day gone with nothing much done

Soxy has worked out he gets fed when I'm up, so pesters, even if he still has plenty of dry food. I gave him fresh water yesterday and also cleaned litter trays

Think cat has also worked out that a shower means I'm going out, because he follows me even closer at those times

Today's early morning storm woke us all in a fright. Think nightmares also involved

Thankfully, no collisions near me. Could hear traffic ploughing through water and strong wind blew some branches to land in yard, on footpath

I forgot all about paperwork needing to be sent to rental agency. How daft can a person be?! Anyway, had courtesy phone call for info to be sent soonest. They really would have been within rights to charge full market value until paperwork arrived. Oh boy!

Water board sent SMS reminder, so I phoned and got a discount organised, plus she offered extension to 28th February, which was nice. Means money can come out of next fortnight's amount

Juggling finances is tough. I know I'm not the only one. When I looked at income statement, I realised pension has been at same rate for several years, apart from rental support which has increased a little (prob reflects current situation rather than any real gain)

My new friend from church agreed to be contact person in case of need - and she will take Soxy to cattery if necessary. She might think it a small thing but its a HUGE relief for me. Not preempting anything, but in December it was my concern for Soxy that I insisted I be discharged sooner than Dr really wanted. Think I'll get 2 keys cut so she can have them available with minimal fuss

Hoping for enough sleep and energy for actually doing stuff tomorrow

Cheers to all
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Fleur,

Sounds to me like you have very much been doing actual stuff. :) :)

So so glad some relief for you re Soxy, but also financially. Good planning re the key.

Take care, and hoping the storms settle and you are free from nightmares tonight.

Much caring,

Jitterbug