REISHA 2017 (the journey continues...)

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: REISHA 2017 (the journey continues...)

Post by there »

reisha,g
Thanks for explaining 'tango card'. I get what tango is now. Good you could do the survey and get some benefit for it! I've never had luck with online surveys. They always want you to sign up for page after page of something you neither want nor need. Sounds like what you're doing is better.

Have heard of Compazine. I don't know much about it. Hey if it works! You don't have to stay on it right?

I had a job doing political survey phone work. Ayyyii. Can't believe I survived that job, but I did.

Groan on all the insurance uncertainty, and the T's input. Anger ok.
Maybe the HICAP route will be most effective to put effort into?

Gaar, all the political crapola over health care. BIG PHARMA , yes, cuz they're BIG and their sleazes makes me angry. And their backroom deals with INSURANCE companies. Sure to ensure their fattening up as they carve away at decency and dignity for ordinary people. Seriously, the overrich overreach at the table. They don't live in reality. So pissed.

Is nice out here! Extra summer days and nights. Reeeeeeally want to go to hear the street musicians.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

thanks, kids, for yer replies!!!

yeah, re: 'healthcare' - it sux, cuz its BIG in MY mind, & im anxious to 'fix' it - at least get MINE straightened out; & tellin mice elf to chill for the next wk+ ... well, uh, yano?

fluer - our medicare is SOOOOO f'd up! (& goin bankrupt any day now, if ya beLIEve the Talkin Haids) thers 'orig', which i think ya then hafta cobble t'gether everything yerself - but!! no network restrictions. theres 'medicare advantage' which is offered thru various (for profit) ins co's; theres sumtin called 'medigap' for costly stuff - i dunno, ive never had that; & theres lotsa lil 'sub-plans' offered w/in mosta the larger ones. - thats all federal. there are 4 parts to medicare - basic coverage (part 'a'), hosp (part 'b') i dunno wtf part 'c' is, & part 'd' which is drug coverage. then the states also have their version, which is medicaid, except in my state, where its medi-CAL ( cuz we like cutesy names?!). i have both. sum stuffs covered by one, other stuff by the other, ecept for when sum idjit dunna code stuff rite & they think i have dual ins & wanna argue over whos gonna pay.

'sanctuary cities/states' are those who REFUSE to honor fed law about immigration. we welcome immigrants, & if they get arrested for a crime, we have laws that say the cops CANNOT report these folx to the feds for deportation. its a huge issue w/ the Orange Turd in power - he wants to w/hold fed funds as punishment.... supreme court is hearin case(s). i have mixed feelings about it. - on one hand, we're a nation of immigrants, founded on it, blabla..... (give us yer weak, yer hungery, yer poor, huddled masses - or sumtin like that on statute of liberty). otoh, wehn ya get sum 'bad hombre' thats been arrested/deported multi times, & they keep commin back & commitin MORE crimes - often violent......

there - lol! ya too? ive done politcal work when i was more able bodied - dorr to door surveys, petitions, etc. & most-a it was volunteer! - nowdaze, i hear that yer paid per (valid) signature - dependin on the issues, a min of $1/per, but many @ $5+/per - dunno what i think bout that either - on the 3rd hand, i'd like that income; otoh, ... seems sumhow kinda hinkey, yano? like, buyin elections or whatever.
even this public policy thing im doin - i hadda research just WHO was behind it, - i.e. 'follow the $' - its outta cal state/sac so i *kinda* feel ok about it, but im still wonderin who's behind the funding....

ok, whoever mentioned bout t & topics & effelhumps in the room ..... (reisha shyly, reluctantly, semi-guiltily raises her hand) - sumtimes i wonder (ha! only sumtimes?!) just .... who's in charge, or wtf we're doin. this t seems to like when i mention anything health related - then we're off to those races yet again. that, & poly-ticks. it often seems she kinda wants me to talk bout this stuff, & shes more .... 'verbal' (dunno how to explain) on those topics. & i wonder if maybe she's kinda on burnout or ..... she turns 70 when she retires.

but speakin-a health/polytics - ran aross THIS earlier t'day - wonerful, thers now a name for it:...came a flood of responses from people experiencing all manner of symptoms, real or imagined, of what I called Trump Hypertensive Unexplained Disorder: Disturbed sleep. Anger. Dread. Weight loss. Overeating. Headaches. Fainting. Irregular heartbeat. Chronic neck pain. Depression. Irritable bowel syndrome. Tightness in the chest. Shortness of breath. Teeth grinding. Stomach ulcer. Indigestion. Shingles. Eye twitching. Nausea. Irritability. High blood sugar. Tinnitus. Reduced immunity. Racing pulse. Shaking limbs. Hair loss. Acid reflux. Deteriorating vision. Stroke. Heart attack. It was a veritable organ recital. hardy-har-har at <--taht punny lil bit

so, this compazine really does nix the nausea!!!!! & whoever asked - its a 'as needed' drug ( & gawd, do i need it!) i do take several 'crossover' drugs - it *mite* be for anxiety, or it mite be for neuropathy; it mite be a sleep med, or it mite be for GERD - stuff like that. i just tend to be .... a lil more reluctant to take more&more 'psyche' meds, yano?

well, if read all this drivel, ya get 4 gold stars, 3 silver bells, 2 turtle doves, & a PURPLE PONY!!!!
{{ALLA US!!}}
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

I really don't know how you do it -- sure, it's serious stuff, but wow!! The giggles I get, feel uplifted after reading from you

You have a knack of hitting things square without losing your sense of humour. Thank you

:D

May you find sensible medical/hospital insurance

I'm glad for you that meds help prevent nausea, that's a bonus for calories retained. And it's great that other meds help too

Wishing you and kitty cats well

Hugs, pats
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
recover

Post by recover »

hi reisha,
echo fleur, i so appreciate your sense of humor even about these messed up issues.
I definitely have severe THUD (Trump Hypertensive Unexplained Disorder). I hope I survive it...
wow a purple pony i never saw one!!!
love,
recover xoxo
there

Post by there »

THUD :D :D :D
LMFAO!
reisha

Post by reisha »

CRAP!!!!!
came in here to rant a linguistics rant, but a phone call from the ss office rudely interrupted - so im gonna rant bout that 1st instead
im still 'under review' w/ em.
& im afraid this is gonna sound racist, but its not intended that way.
this lady calls, & is very 'stern' sounding w/ a thick black accent- almost like bitching me out - we sent ya pprwk, & ya havna returned it, WHY?
i tell her - oh, yes i did, got the stamped receipt, & it was turned in in person on this date, at this office.
she then admonishes me - why did ya turn it in there, when we sent it from here?
cuz i have frequent biz there, & its more convenient for me.
she then sez well, it was sposta be turned in here, & its yer responsibility to get it here. d'yano who ya gave it to?
no, but the scribble on an envelope looks like <spell out as best i can decipher>
she loses her 'bitchy' tone, & starts muttreing 'well, lets see - maybe its here, or lemmee look there, or maybe its sumwhere, no its not here, there or anywhere..... more incoherant utterings, then she says that my case worker *may* be calling me
i say 'oh! i have a case worker?
she gets bitchy again - no ya dont, i said A case worker will contact ya
the call wraps up, & now im upset, pissed & worried.
i then re-read all the pprwk, & the bitch is wrong - it clearly says that i can return it by mail (to that office), i can call, or i can go in person to ANY office, which is what i did.
i hate that im as triggered as i am over this - like gettin yelled at by my aunt-mom - i m WRONG AGAIN!! & she really came across as a typical pissy black bitch bureaucrat hellbent on puttin me in my place
& i really hope i dinna offend anyone w/ that
& now im all worried about my case, & money & .... i realize im kinda 'off to the races' w/ this - it'll ~probly~ be ok, maybe, i hope - & do i tell my apt mngr that im in review, mite not have $ next month? do i get a 3 day pay-or-quit notice? what the fuck do i do now?
I HATE THIS!!!!

my linguini (hehe) rant'll hafta wait, im too 'other focused' ( like my stupid outlook email!?) rite now to deal. & my stomach is heaving.....
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hey reisha,

I hear your Thud. Recently saw promos for a 'new' my little pony movie coming out. There will no doubt be a sparkly purple pony showing up somewhere in it. Retreating into books, movies and day dreams for now.

with care,
Harmony
there

Post by there »

reisha,
It can be trying dealing with SS about much less important things than a review. That really ups the stress ante. To the SS personnel it's another demand. To you, it means money needed to survive. They don't have as many chips in the game as you do.
I believe it will all work out, reisha. You're doing well with it.

You have a unique place of love, respect, and dignity in the universe. NoBoDy else can put you in it.

You deserve some kinda treat! Sending pearly bubbles containing tiny purple pony images.
reisha

Post by reisha »

oh, thank ya, harmony & there

harmony - im actually thinkin of goin to see that movie!

there - thank ya for that, i knew ya'd understand. tween ya & my t t'day, im a lil more calm bout this - but it aint over yet, t'marra'll mean more 'work' for me on both this & ins

ok, my linguini rant:
there are certain phrases, words ive had it up to ^HERE^ w/; currently, if hear One More Person say 'im so blessed' im gonna kill em!!!! for one, its arrogant. for 2, its presumptuous, but mostly - for 3 its a 'take' position, not a 'give' position. - heres what i mean by that - to say 'im so blessed' is presumin that someone/thing is blessing ya. its 'taking' (receiving) the gift.
i MUCH prefer 'im so grateful', as 1) its kinda a 'dead' thang 2) no arrogance, just simple statement of gratitude 3) it dunna presume any damn thing & 4) it implies a giving back. *if* theres a god, s/he/it must be plum tuckered out & weary of all the damn blessing folx insist is theirs.
end of rant - cept i hafta say - saw there's new thread, titled EXACTLY ^that^ (grateful!) - havna peeked or read it yet.....
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Hearing you on both the SS bureaucracy and the "I'm so blessed". Kinda gets my goat too. But I wasn't aware of why until I read your take on it. I feel inferior when someone says, for instance, that they are so blessed with having children, loving spouse, etc. I'm thankful that I live in a relatively peaceful country, especially when the news is full of suffering in other places

Gratitude is acknowledgement of the positives in life; not merely the expectation that things just happen

You'd be pleased you got receipt for paperwork and abided by SS rules in that you can lodge at any office in person

On another thread, you mentioned Muzak. Sometimes background stuff is simply there, without conscious awareness. Then, a minor trigger and I'm flopping around in the deep end once again

Glad you and T, along with folk here, helped your equilibrium

Caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur