REISHA 2017 (the journey continues...)

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

Fleur

Re: REISHA 2017 (the journey continues...)

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Sorry to hear about your T retiring next April -- at least she's given you a few months in which to come to terms, find new T. May whatever is best for you happen regarding college, insurance

Nice to read you were going to eat before lying flat. The pdoc I see says we cannot adequately function without good nourishment - she likens body to an expensive car which goes nowhere unless, until top quality fuel is in the tank - otherwise the vehicle sputters and coughs

Soft caring hugs
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
reisha

Post by reisha »

yes, i use a similar analogy - gotta put fuel in b4 attemptin activeness

gorb! pain dr has me sched'd for another epidural/nerve block/'buttpoke'. this one for 2 levels of lumbar, & the sac joint. - Need A Driver <sigh!> was stressin over that - havna dealt w/ the paratransit (or brown bag) apps - been TooBusy w/ the ss bs. - had mentioned this to t, she asked if 'aunty' or 'gem' or anyone could/would... i told her i wasna comfy askin either-a em, as they both live on other side-a bay - to ask em to drive 30+ miles over here, to take me less than 8 .... yano? said i'd rather try to ask the one guy here at my bldg that is also a client of the hmls/housin NP that got me/us in here - providin i run into him, as i dont have his # - i could maybe as the event co-ordinator to get a msg to him..... well, saw him @ the mailboxes today, & asked him - so, we exchanged #'s again (he helped me move) & am tryin to get that set up.
*warning - sum-a this mite be triggerin to folx:
see pcp t'marra - i started up w/ the 'script strength zantac again (as per GI advice when last seen) - the nausea is less, but not completely gone/under control. so aside from queasy stomach, it also feels like... there is a tight band around my throat. or my necklace/shirt is too tight - & im still puke/dry heavin. i am hungry, but feel on the verge of puking. when i do put fuel in, it 'sits heavy' in my stomach, & if it starts to 'churn & heave', up it comes. followed by dry heaves of nuthin but green bubbles. - there is WAAAY TooMuch bile reflux goin on!!!! i DID weigh myself the other day - 87.4, so miracle of miracles, thats up from the 84 - dont understand how, given the pukes, but i'll take what i can get!! see my GI next month. cant think-a any trigger/cause/why - nuthins changed in terms of foods, meds, etc. - altho, i havna ~really~ been takin notes - may be i need yet another refresher course in nutrition & meal planning <sigh!>

gotta mailer to participate in opinion research for my states public policy. gonna do it.

it weird, (its almost fall) - im a fall baby, & usually, around this time, i start to feel ... energized, more active. i'd kinda thot maybe that wasna happenin any more, - or as part-a my larger (bed)slugishness - i think both have been true, yet i also think im maybe just recently started considerin (re)emergin from my (mostly self imposed) 'exile'.

& yeah - that kinda goes to the even larger thang bout t retiring. (meanwhile, pdoc has changed practices, & i *need* to deal w/ that too.... <sigh!>) - but im almost maybe kinda sorta thinkin bout stoppin t after this yr - (or gettin on it w/ the ins switch <time check> almost seems like i should/could kinda 'backburner' the ins stuff, since i'll have to go thru It All again soon, for yr anyway.... <grr, sigh!>) - but, otoh, think it kinda 'stupid' to be on psyche meds and NOT be seein a t, yano? ...
i dunno - lots to consider - again, ongoin, still..... <sigh!> <pullin head up under covers>
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Wow!! So many forthcoming changes plus the dry heaves, bile, must also be concerning

Glad you caught up with the guy who helped you move in. He sounds a nice person

Wishing all of you very well

Much caring
Onward to a safe community for all people in which to thrive ~ gentle hugs [if okay] ~ Fleur
there

Post by there »

Reisha,
Good thing about seeing the helpful nice guy. Hope that makes a box to tick off list!
Ending with T. I have had several. One thing I learned from a good trauma T: There are good goodbyes. I hope yours can be a good one, even if not desired, chosen by you.

Sorry bout all the regurgletation, dry heaves. Hope Tha somehow settles down soon.Glad to read that you've gained a few pounds.

I hope your fall emergence from cocoon finds your butterfly wings flapping brightly!
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
reisha

Post by reisha »

thank ya, fleur, there

yeah - 'good goodbyes' - <noddin> - thats what i want/hope/intend.

so, pcp upped my zantac, & gave me a new med for the vomiting. - vondurful, im now on 10+ different meds. (i have a couple that are 'as needed' which i rarely need, but still!) -i hate this! otoh, ...... <shakes head & screws up face in 'disgust'>
cant pinpoint any trigger, which kinda sux, cuz if anyone had any idea..... i'd eliminate it from my 'diet'. & im (not) sorry, butt! theres no way im gonna diary every f'n possible thing, *just in case* i need to backtrack & see in hindsite what mita caused it. or, maybe i will. as i wrote <-- that, i can see my 5y/o mauki-self in there - stubborn, petulant lil kid at times.

oh, cool! the public policy thing sent me a 'tango' ...um ...email/codes - i guess i can ~get stuff~? - lol'ing @ my ...... 'cavewoman-tech-arrogance-&-ignorance'
there

Post by there »

reisha,
Do hope you can get stuff n such you need from these codes.
Hear you on the multitudinous meds. Hopefully, the anti-puke pill will be more PRN. Agree and try to minimize # of prescriptions taking at once myself.
Glad you're taking care of yourself.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Totally get not wanting to journal, or take too many meds

Here, if someone has a chronic disorder and has 6 or more different prescribed items, that automatically gains attention for some services. May I respectfully suggest that you keep a note in your purse, bag, of the official name as well as any other branding, the amount of each dose and how often they are used? That way, you have a record to show health professionals, the nosey parker, etc -- without having to recall from memory. Please do ignore if this is already a strategy you have in place

It also might be helpful to note your weight on a regular basis - I understand resistance, but - should you require medical assistance from "new" people, you'll have the record to show them. I have a list of my blood pressure so I can demonstrate my tendency to be low

Please feel free to be a "cavewoman"; vent, or whatever you want here

Wishing you restful sleep and a beautiful day

Soft caring hugs
DewDrop

Post by DewDrop »

Hi reisha,

I do hope the regurgitation/reflux issue eases. Very glad to hear of weight gain ;) , very impressive given the pukes.

I was going to say before, if fleas get too bad... you could sprinkle food grade diatomaceous earth on your floor, and then leave for the day, return and immediately sweep/vac/remove the D.E. . The stuff does an excellent job of eliminating fleas(as well as mites, thrips, gnats and a variety of soft bodied insects. Just don't want to inhale it.

Much love,

Dewd
reisha

Post by reisha »

oh, thank y'all, for witnessing for me, for HEARING me ( i feel so validated!)

got ~rejected~ for the depression study - dont know why; but they want to keep me on file for other studies - im ok w/ that. & they offered referrals, which i'll avail mice elf of, cuz t says .... she needs to compile list of other t's, but she has no idea if they're *good* or not (not havin sat in on their sessions...)

ug! t yesterday - sumtimes, it feels like a tug-o-war; arguing over which tactics to employ w/ healthcare/ins - she kept 'probing', askin WHY i was wantin to switch - well, duh! how many times to i *hafta* over&over tell her i want a f'n 'SNAP' program, - er, um, - a NON-KAISER 'snap' program, like i've had EVERY F'N YR SINCE I 1ST BECAME DIS!!!!!! ( & yes, i meant to yell, im that frustrated!) i told her, that at this point <timecheck> the yrly open enrollment is rollin round, i'll just wait til then, BUTT! as i wait, to AGAIN try to connect w/ my s/w, & maybe go to HICAP again (the legal 'ins experts') - 'course, alla this is kinda mute - er, moot, for the next 10 days, as the country waits w/ sour faces & baited breath to see what washington does THIS go-round w/ healthcare.
can i tell ya how much it Gets My Goat that sum NON-dr, sum semi-not med pro is bean-countin in sum geeky cubicle, (even, ESP *if* s/he's a politician) decidin my/everyones healthcare?!?!?!?!?!?!? well, it does!! - b-l-l-e-e-a-a-t!!!! b-a-a-a-a-a-h! HUMBUG & HARUMPH too! thiiiiiiipht!!!!

so, lotsa 'nervous nellie' sitNspin anxious waiting over alla ^that^

readin the 'new med info', the anti-puke med dr gave me is'commonly used for 1) anxiety (hmm, mite help w/ multi-issues?) 2) puking, & 3)schizophrenia ' - waiddadamminnit here - uh - wtf?! what IS this stuff? odd spectrum of stuff its used for. is it a psyche med, & they 'discovered' that it helps w/ puking? - the brand name is ... compazine (think thats the spelling) - need to do more research, but i did take one last nite b4 dinner. i dinna puke, no noticeable side effects.

lol, There - hear ya on the 'is-it-spendable' - this 'tangocard'/public policy thang. ... well, the 'sign up' survery 'card' was for $5. no personal or ID'ing info for survey; but the tango website was confusin at 1st, but i was able to create an acct for later use. sposedly, ya can 'tango' at a bunch-a diff retailers - many online/major shops. also B&M (brick & mortar) stores. & ya can add to it. i got my 1st full survey this morn. kinda *expect* a 2nd 'card' to show up soon. dunno how much that'll 'pay' - & im not doin this for money, but hey! i'll take it - hehe - maybe get rich, lol - ino a few folx who thot they'd self-employ w/ surveys & blogs, but i digress. this thing - its all bout poly-tix, issues, potential candy-dates, etc for the '18 election. the way things are goin, i think my state mite try to succeed the union, lol (damn extreme left wing progressive commie pinko tree huggin dirt lovin hippies :ugeek: ). apparently, we've just become the 1st 'sanctuary state'.

thanks for readin!!!
{{ISURVIVE!!}}
Last edited by Serenity on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed MT to ST
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Dear Reisha

Hear you on confusion re what is the best for Reisha... As for meds helping multiple aspects - I'm using a low dose anti depressant as a sleep enhancer and pain blocker. I'm in a lot of pain, so am unsure if that aspect is doing anything. It is also supposed to wake me in a more positive mood, to get up - that's hit and miss. Sleep quality has improved with fewer nightmares, that's a bonus. It can be disconcerting to read all the paperwork, can't it?

I hadn't realised health care needs annual review - here, it's my choice - there is universal Medicare for basic health needs. I pay over $90/fortnight for private health cover, which paid over $7,000 for my schema therapy last year. I agree, it is a lot of reading and comparing to get best compromise with coverage and cost

I'll have to research "sanctuary state"

Wish you well for doing surveys, etc. It can be lucrative, as well as guiding future assistance / options

My T sessions can vary greatly - sometimes I'm able to focus and mostly stay on track; other times, I resist personal attention and talk about everything else except the elephant in the room. Perhaps something to which you can relate?

May you enjoy this weekend

Soft caring hugs