REISHA 2017 (the journey continues...)

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

there

Re: REISHA 2017 (the journey continues...)

Post by there »

reisha,
So happy you sprang for the huge colored pencil set. From doodling to abstract art, it helps so much to have that outlet. I'm still interested in putting some art in the art section here sometime.

Hafta head for bed and book to read.

Sending you soft waves of comfort :)
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

(((((((((((( reisha )))))))))))))

Coloured pencils sounds like a good thing for you & you deserve good things (Money-schmoney... ;) ). The relapse cards sound like a good idea too.

Here with you as you work through all this. There's a lot of processing going on for you at the mo, it feels, in amongst the hive of creative activity..And a lot I would imagine you need distraction from (all the meds side of it all for a start....)

Sending much caring and support,

Jitterbug
recover

Post by recover »

((((((((((((((((((((((((reisha)))))))))))))))))))))
reading and sending love and support along with all of our friends.
love,
recover xo
there

Post by there »

reisha,
Thinking of you on this multicolored day of eggs!
Seconding Jitterbug's support of creating the "relapse cards". Great idea!

And joining in recover's love and support from all your friends! :)
reisha

Post by reisha »

oh, thank you all so much!!!!

harmony - sorry to read of yer '1-footed-ness'. - how d'ya like yer lil scooter? ive just recently seen em around here; im not sure they'd work for me, but maybe(?) - they seem a lil less bulky than a regular walker - esp on buses, etc. - a longer profile, but a narrower one. im still lookin for the ~perfect~ solution to my ... 'mobility needs'.

im enjoyin my colored pencils, & ... what i do is collect the cheap books from dollar stores. then i make copies, keeping the orig (book) blank. i consider em the 'templates', cuz i mite use a portion of the image in my crafting, so i like to keep em blank (uncoloered). sum i use over & over - really like the image, & its fun, too, to see how the same image takes on very different 'flavors', depending on the color scheme. now i need a GOOD sharpener, not these cheeseyass ones ive got, that dont sharpen well, 'waste' alotta the pencil.

watched dr phil today - the gal who's 'white', but thinks-a herself as 'black' - very interesting show - 'race' as a social construct. hmm ... never thot-a it that way, altho am/was often confused when asked race & ethnicity on forms - whats the diff? that wa never claer to me - lotsa overlap, IMO. i remmeber last yr, gettin 'into it' w/ a med tech for my breast exam - my choices were black, white, asian or (i forget the last one) i dinna mark any-a em, cuz im 'mixed', but maybe thats ethnicity, not race(?) & she marked me as white. (harumph!) have also had similar things happen in school.
but todays show really kinda got me thinkin - if gender is a .... 'personal choice' (social constrcut), then maybe race, & other things are too? (im so confused!) - thinkin bout that stupid law that caused so much upset - ya must use bathroom according to whats on birth cert. - my solution is just have co-ed heads, geeze!
or that ancestry dot com - how can it tell the diff tween irish, scots, welsh, or various african nations? ok, genetic markers that are more common to certian peoples, butt!!!!! im pretty sure they cant determine .... 'ethnicty' - of exactly how much of what african, or celtic, or native american, or asian, or pacific ilander ya are. so i kinda like this notion of it all bein social construct, ways we pigeonhole each other.
have i mentioned im confused?
where does ... truth meet fiction? where does biology/genetics ('the science god'!) end, & 'life reality' start?
if i am born male, ID as male, & am attracted to males, i am 'gay'. born male, ID as male, attracted to femals, i am 'straight'. born male, ID as female, attracted to male, am i straight, or gay? - maybe more imporatently, does it really matter? isna ... whats in my head my reality?
yes, im confused, but at least im thinkin bout it! ( & probly need to listen to the music paly, but ive already expalianed bout THAT, lol) :(

need to go p/u the meds that werent ready; & 'get clean' again. - still havna done jack sh... about the many things i *should* attend to - s/w, ins, *chores*, etc...
sleep was ... as close to 'normal' as i ever get last thurs thru yesterday. i got to sleep last nite 'early' for me - around 1 - 2am. woke @ 7am & said 'oh hell no!" went back to sleep - until 4pm! shit! how does this happen? WHY? - so, in a bit-a a tizzy - meet w/ 'aunty' t'marra - ug! i'll be up all nite - just hafta 'power thru' - or, maybe i can get to sleep at a 'reasonable' hr t'nite - considerin takin extra meds, but thats 'playin w/ fire', dangerous..... i really wish, really want to get a handle on this sleep thing.
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

Hey Reisha,

You raised lots of interesting points, which I will certainly muse over. Gender, race, identity...how fixed, how fluid....

You also, if it's OK to say, sound a little like your brain is whizzing along at rapid speed... Bit concerned that may be a hyper before a bust - esp if the sleep is so all over the place. Might that be possible? Please ignore if not relevant/helpful. It may just be your usual super sharp smartness...

Whichever, just wanting to reach out, give you a gentle, caring hug, if that's OK too and send you much warmth and support.

Your friend,

Jitterbug
there

Post by there »

Reisha,
Sounds like a colorful plan! I sometimes do that, too. I photocopy pages of images I want to reuse. Sometimes I do this with workbooks!

Sleep problems--- I do understand. With my own approach , I Realize I am dealing with habit. I try to see positive change as a long term effort. I've added calming habits to do before bed. For instance, I make sure I have a book to read in bed. Sometimes I do some doodling/drawing, just fun stuff.

Getting sunlight has become more of a priority, too. It's supposed to help set the "circadian clock". I think these things help. It's no one thing. I'm keeping at it.

Don't know if these ideas help you , but I believe you can make a positive difference in the sleep issue.

Sending you positive energy and gentle support :)
Couragetoday

Post by Couragetoday »

Hi Reisha,

Hope your time with 'aunty' went ok, if it happened.
Get how tricky playing with meds can be when your on a cocktail. Glad it sounds like you use caution.
Wish there was a magic solution to sleeping stuff. The challenges you're having with it sound really intense.
Sending good wishes to you.

CT
recover

Post by recover »

hi reisha,
just reading and offering care and support.
recover xo
there

Post by there »

((((reisha))))
Sending rainbow prisms to sparkle in your life :)