that's all I am...

A discussion area specifically for survivors who suffered physical, emotional, and verbal child abuse. This forum can also be used for Members who suffered sexual abuse at the time of physical, emotional and verbal abuse.

Moderators: Harmony, quixote, ajei

vash

that's all I am...

Post by vash »

shit...
Thats all I am...I can never win. I have suffered concussions from years and years of football and wrestling and I have damaged my brain from 4 years of starvation so I can never remember and I have told my parents "I forgot" so many times my dad has warned me that he'll punch me in the mouth next time I say it...but I cant remember...ever. And everytime I screw up my parents never let me forget and they encourage my siblings to do it too. Every move I make is monitered and each slip up means the family gets to make my life a living hell. Whenever I try to stand up to my older brother I get threatened. Whenever I call my younger sister out on her bullshit I get threatened and occasionally hit. I can't do menial tasks because ive amasses a long list of injuries from 13 years of sports. Sometimes I cant even lift a fucking blanket with my left arm and thats after ive gotten surgery. WHY? Why does everyday have to hurt? Why does everyday have to be filled with threats and insults? I just want to make it stop!.......sorry to write so much but I just wanted to get this off my chest.....I probably just sound like a baby though...sorry
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Modified title to remove profanity (Profanity okay in posts, just not as titles.)
Stargazer13

Re: that's all I am...

Post by Stargazer13 »

Vash,

You do not sound like a baby at all. I am so so sorry for all of your pain. My thoughts are with you.

-Stargazer
there

Post by there »

Vash,
You have been so strong through so much. I feel for you with my heart.

I also feel really angry at your family for how they mistreat you.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
vash

Re: shit

Post by vash »

Thank you for the kind words you guys, but im just overreacting. It hasnt been that bad...I just gotta stop being a screw up.
Stargazer13

Post by Stargazer13 »

Vash,

You are not a screw up. Please don't feel that way. No matter what it is that you do, you do not deserve to be treated that way at all. Here listening.

-Stargazer
quixote

Post by quixote »

vash,
Football and wrestling are tough sports. Maybe you need a family that is more supportive.
quixote
dragonfly

Post by dragonfly »

I'm sorry you're feeling so badly about yourself, vash.

Are there any brain injury services with support groups in your area? For people with brain injury it can be a tough struggle when they try to deal with it alone. I heard a story of a woman who acquired a brain injury when she was a child and struggled with it into her adulthood. She finally got it diagnosed and was hooked up with support services. She participated in a class for brain injury survivors to learn how to compensate for her limitations, and she said it really helped.

Maybe, if there are services in your area, they might have some educational materials to educate your family about your injuries and the challenges they present. Perhaps if your family members understood better, they might think twice about being so hard on you?

We're here to support you!

dragonfly
there

Post by there »

Thinking of you , vash.....
You do deserve to be appreciated.
You are appreciated here.
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi vash

Sorry to hear of the verbally abusive situation you're in with your family. No one deserves to be treated in that manner.
Adding my support and wondering how you're doing.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
facingmytruth

Post by facingmytruth »

Sending my support also/you deserve to be treated with respect and you certainly don't sound like your moaning/take care of you because you deserve to be cared for.
Last edited by ajei on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed trigger from MT to NT