"From Call to Corroboration" (UK & those with access to BBC programmes)

A listing of upcoming events which may be of interest.

*Please note that isurvive.org does not officially endorse anything listed here.

Moderator: Jonesy

Jonesy
Director
Director

"From Call to Corroboration" (UK & those with access to BBC programmes)

Post by Jonesy »

Hi everyone

I thought it would be useful to give you a heads up about a programme being broadcast on BBC1 on Monday 27th February at 9pm called “Catching the Abusers. From Call to Corroboration”. An organisation named Operation Hydrant http://www.npcc.police.uk/FreedomofInfo ... drant.aspx has been working with BBC Crimewatch to produce it.

Please view with caution as the content has potential to trigger trauma for some survivors and know that, as well as having the Crimewatch studio staffed with officers from Operation Hydrant, there will also be the option for survivors to contact the NSPCC helpline should you wish to speak with someone other than a police officer.

“We have heard from several victims and survivors that they felt there was no point reporting non-recent child sexual abuse to the police as the abuse happened so long ago, it would not be possible to prove. The purpose of this programme is to show that police can undertake these complex investigations, and find corroborating evidence which supports the victim account and leads to the conviction of the abuser, even decades after the offence took place.
The programme is very victim focused, and includes accounts from a number of victims all detailing the impact of child sexual abuse upon them. Dr Elly Hanson also speaks about why victims may not come forward to report for many years, and the impact of abuse upon the individual.”
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
Jonesy
Director
Director

Re: "From Call to Corroboration" (UK & those with access to BBC programmes)

Post by Jonesy »

Did anyone watch the show? Any thoughts?
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
fight4me

Post by fight4me »

Thanks for then heads up

Sorry could not watch it
Was worried to

Look forward to hearing any feed back

Fight4me
Orange Sycamore

Post by Orange Sycamore »

Hi Jonesy,

I couldn't watch it but I think its fantastic that 'people' are being made aware of how prevalent CSA.

I get the impression that many unaffected people think that we are too sophisticated as a nation/culture/species to do that to our children. Perhaps programmes like this will go some way to proving otherwise.

OS
Orange Sycamore
Jitterbug

Post by Jitterbug »

I recorded it - building up the courage to watch.....

Really good to get the heads up. Thanks Jonesy.

Jitterbug