The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night -time

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Jonesy

Fleur

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night -time

Post by Fleur »

Author Mark Haddon first published 2003 , a David Fickling Book 2010, ISBN 978-1-849-92041-4

Reason sharing - a book from a teen's perspective on everyday life. If you have a person who views life and emotions differently from your viewpoint, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night -time could enhance comprehension
If you don't want to read - there are some red flags of language, concepts, violence - then sparknotes website has a good synopsis

A Candid fictional character whose mathematical genius is marred by his behaviors and idiosyncrasies of rules in attempting to make sense of the chaos in which Western Society operates. What constitutes lying and how general are specifics? Cleanliness, education, preferences, habits are individual concerns - or are they? Customs and etiquette, the different ways English language can be used reflects the confusion experienced by people from a non English speaking background as much as teaching children their Mother tongue

Reminded me of how my views on family life perception changed over the years from my abusive foo to health professionals refusing to understand me, preferring to believe adults and finally today I have (I think ) sifted truth from fiction comparing what happened with social perception....

This is an unusual novel I read because my son is studying for senior high English so I wanted to discuss issues raised by the book intelligently with him, now age 19. Probably not suited to under about 16, I found it a relatively easy , if at times disturbing, read