Hope this is ok?

An area for discussion of books or articles relating to abuse and healing that you've read or are currently reading.

Moderators: quixote, Xanthia, Jonesy

enough

Hope this is ok?

Post by enough » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:06 am

I am new here, I have looked at the books suggestions - some I have read - actually I am presently on 'the mindful path to self compassion' by Christopher K Germer. a bit of a struggle right now - but there to be picked up again.

I didn't see this one on the list: 'Overcoming Trauma through Yoga - reclaiming your body' by David Emerson & Elizabeth Hopper. Some of this I have found really helpful as small steps when they can be taken are 100% helpful.

I'm also sort of picking up & putting down - 'Breaking Free workbook - practical help for survivors of child sexual abuse' - Carolyn Ainscough & Kay Toon

Cheers
enough

Xanthia

Re: Hope this is ok?

Post by Xanthia » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:16 am

Hi enough,

Thank you for sharing these books.

In order to comply with copyright legislation, we need to mention book details. To Whit :-

"The Mindful Path to Self Compassion - Freeing Yourself from Destructive Thoughts and Emotions" by Christopher K. Germer, Guildford Press, 2009, ISBN 1593859759
This book is also available in audio format

"Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga - Reclaiming Your Body" by David Emerson and Elizabeth Hopper, North Atlantic Books, 2011, ISBN 1556439695

"Breaking Free Workbook - for adult child abuse victims" by Carolyn Ainscough and Kay Toon, SPCK Publishing, 2000, ISBN 0859698041

Enjoy all your reading :)
Xanthia