Birdygirl sends good vibes to everybody!

This is a place for old members to come and share how their healing journeys have progressed.
Its also a place for those members to reconnect and share their experiences.

Moderators: Harmony, ajei

tommy

Re: Birdygirl sends good vibes to everybody!

Post by tommy »

birdygirl,

Sending you support and also glad to hear that your treatments have gone well so far. You have and share a great spirit. I hope you can tell from the responses, that it has been missed here.

Please take care, keep us updated as you can and know you have many here who care about you.

(I agree with Harmony-- good seeing you, Starshaped and Icarus. Sending you both support as well.)
birdygirl

Post by birdygirl »

Hi everybody !!!
Thanks Tommy. Very sweet of you to reply! Thanks for the kind words ;). Hope all is well with you.
Update time :
I met with the surgeon this week. They are willing to do the bilateral mastectomy and expanders then implants. On the negative side ... It's probably going to hurt like sh!+. On the plus side...
Mama is getting an upgrade! I'm going from old native pinto boobs to brand new Ferraris. Lol.
Because I'm doing the expanders I actually get to pick my size. AWESOME! Take that gravity!
I'm now finished with my treatments and am anxiously awaiting removing the port that is still in my chest. That thing drives me crazy! :-/ Though it does kind of make me feel like the bionic woman
Every time somebody hugs me it feels like a knife is stabbing my chest . So now I do " head hugs" lol, I lean in to hug head first and arch out my back to prevent the port from hurting me.
This whole thing has been quite the learning experience .
I know understand the pathology of oncologists and other drs. I actually had to beg my oncologist to give me an order for an MRI. He refused to write it because I couldn't afford to make the four & a half hour drive back to Atlanta to his treatment center!? When I inquired about why he wouldn't write the order , he gave me every excuse in the book. I finally broke down and asked a friend( who is a radiologist) why my dr was being so difficult. He said
" that's simple... He wants your money!" I'm sure most of you are aware of my issues with Drs. Well lets just say any doubts I had before have been verified.
I refused the radiation because the effective rate of lumpectomy\ radiation and lumpectomy/chemo/mastectomy are about the same. So I figure I'm making the right decision. Hopefully .
It's just scary because cancer is so mysterious .
On the plus side my hair is growing back in the places it fell out. But now I have to shave my legs again :( oh well . It was good while it lasted . Heehee I can't say I will miss hair free legs.
Saving up bucks to get a massive tattoo to celebrate . I still have a ton if numbing cream so this tattoo will be a breeze. My energy levels are slowly getting back to normal. However I'm still struggling with the chemo brain: forgetting things, not being able to spell words I've known all my life, forgetting names...
But hey, who am I to complain. I still have my life.
Thank you to everybody who prayed, sent good vibes, replied to my post, and gave me kind words! You guys ROCK!!!
I send you all my love daily and haven't forgot about you at all.
I thought of my sweet friends here during every treatment. You guys & gals gave me the strength to push through each treatment. And you all made putting the cold caps on my head for hours at a time much more bearable .
I love you all dearly and send you the most positive vibes and sweet little warm (((( pug hugs))))
I hope everybody has a wonderful day!
(((( head hugs :)))))
Magical Thinker

Post by Magical Thinker »

((((Birdy))))
I am so glad to hear from you. We have missed you so much. You have such courage. I am so very sorry you have had to deal with all of this. I will be here. You don't have to write. Just know how much we care. Sending you back big (((Labrador))) hugs, and shoulders to lean on and blankies and hot chocolate.

Love,

Magical Thinker
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Hi sweet birdygirl,

I guess that makes you no a double survivor. Nothing is going to knock you down girl. Way to kick cancer!

with a warm head bump instead of a hug,

Harmony
silentlistener

Post by silentlistener »

Hi Birdeigirl,

It's great to see you again! Yay!
yeah, drs. are a pathological scourge instead of the profession they once were.
glad you are getting better. I will be here and i send you a pug hug. Oh, does your pug have skin problems? Mine is off to the vet for the same.

Sl
freshstart

Post by freshstart »

REALLY glad to see your name here! I have heard how exhausting the treatments are, and am thinking of you and sending you warm light and healing energy. Be well! :)
"This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one before." Maya Angelou
Magical Thinker

Post by Magical Thinker »

My (((Dearest Birdygirl)))

I logged on tonight fir the first time in way too long and was so delighted to see your post. I am so very sorry you hare having to go through all of this. I wish I could be there for you in 3D. Your writing sound so strong. I am in awe of your strength and courage. I send you many big, safe hugs, and the labby sends his big paw hugs as well.

Love,

Magical Thinker
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harmony »

Thinking of you birdygirl and hope you are feeling ok

Harmony
Xanthia

Post by Xanthia »

Hi Birdygirl,

Thanks for all your kind sharing with iSurvive.
Really hope all went according to planning.

As today is your birthday, I'm sending great vibes with pug hugs to help you celebrate the beginning of your personal new year.

Wishing you all that's needed for your healing journey.

Warm regards,
Xanthia
there

Post by there »

Sorry, catching up here. ..

Happy Belated Birthday, Birdygirl!
Thinking of you fondly
All women are beautiful. Period.
I deserve better than survival.