my coming of age novel

For all members who enjoy writing poetry or who use poetry to express their strongest emotions.
Please be advised this area can be triggering, so read cautiously.

Moderator: Jonesy

Scarlett

my coming of age novel

Post by Scarlett »

so I started out writing this fiction novel, just to chronicle my own experiences with love and life, and over the last year or so that has turned into a full length manuscript. a protagonist who is very much like me goes through many transitions. the story itself is about a girl whose childhood friend experiences a trauma and disappears from her life, when he returns he has been diagnosed with DID and has three alters and is thereby three people to her. she finds in being in a relationship with him she becomes three people herself over the years and in doing so has to ultimately cope with her own transitions. so in doing this I think I am learning SO MUCH about myself and my own struggle and i am very much the people in the book that my protagonist is/becomes. it's all very enlightening, and also very scary. I just felt like sharing.
Xanthia

Re: my coming of age novel

Post by Xanthia »

Scarlett,

Thank you so much for sharing.
Sounds like a great way of becoming self aware. Fantastic!
Can well imagine all kinds of emotional fallout and variety of thoughts towards process.
Please give yourself lots of tender loving care. :)
Xanthia