They're starting to listen

A discussion area for anyone who loves a survivor and needs some support of their own.

Moderators: Aspen, Jonesy, Harbor

BrokenButterflyWings

They're starting to listen

Post by BrokenButterflyWings »

For 2 weeks, I have spent every day reporting the abuse of my nephews to friends, CAS, Humane Societies(for animal abuse) and police. I have had to threaten some places with lawyers, lawsuits and charges. This morning I got an email from the police asking me for more information. I gave them some more and now there is a CAS/Police joint investigation starting today. They have also asked me to go to a meeting at a station here in my own city to put in a statement...This is my chance. People are starting to listen to me. But now I'm scared. I'm scared that I'm the one about to destroy many people's lives in my family. All the abusers that nobody thought could hurt children or animals. 80+ years of hidden sadistic PA and SA is all going to come to the surface....now reality is sinking in and feeling a bit bad about it. But hopefully this won't all be in vain and my nephews will be taken somewhere safe and my sister will get the help she needs.
hopeful

Re: They're starting to listen

Post by hopeful »

Bravo BBFW

you are not destroying lives, you are saving your nephews and showing them they deserve kindness snd love. That is something special you are doing for them.

with respect

hopeful
the husband

Post by the husband »

I'm with hopeful. You are saving lives. What you are destroying is a legacy of silence, fear, and denial. People will be upset, but it is for the greater good. If you can disrupt the cycle you are saving future generations as well.
silentlistener

Post by silentlistener »

Hi BBFW,

Bravo! It's ok to tell the secrets now. I do hope the boys go somewhere sae.

What you're doing is brave and stopping the cycle of secrets.

Sl
BrokenButterflyWings

They've removed both boys from the home and the youngest one is receiving a full medical exam.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi BrokenButterflyWings

This is encouraging news - horrible as this process is, you have played your part in getting help for that family. I am proud of your strength and determination.

I just want to gently remind you of the following from our Guidelines as I would hate for anything written here to throw a spanner in the works;

Do Not Discuss Details of Unresolved Offenses. Do not discuss specific information regarding illegal activities, crimes which have not been tried or crimes for which charges are pending.

You can, of course, email me at any time.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
BrokenButterflyWings

Ya, well, I feel like crap..Today is her birthday :/