Hello?

A discussion area for anyone who loves a survivor and needs some support of their own.

Moderators: Aspen, Jonesy, Harbor

the husband

Hello?

Post by the husband »

I've been here quite awhile, chattering away to myself for the most part recently.

Could there be so few Loved Ones happening by? Have I scared away the ones that have come through with my opinions? Am I scaring off potential members with the epic "story" thread?
Harmony
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello?

Post by Harmony »

Hi husband,

Glad to see you starting a new thread. Nice to do that once and while. Not everyone wants to read a book some like me appreciate shorter articles. Thanks for being here.

listening,

Harmony
the husband

Post by the husband »

Thanks for the reply and feedback.

I had the idea that I would not clutter the landscape by starting a bunch of threads, but perhaps that thread has become too much. I'll give some thought to a few focused topics. Communication, frustration, sex, attending to one's own issues and attenting to one's own needs are recurring themes.
recover

Post by recover »

hi the husband,
its been quiet here lately, i don't know why. i am sorry you feel alone here. its been quieter than usual on other forums too. i don't come to this forum much so that's why i haven't said much. usually too caught up just trying to maintain my well-being as best as i can...
i think you are a really caring and understanding husband, i really do.
with much much support,
recover
the husband

Post by the husband »

Thanks recover.

I know what you mean about trying to maintain your well-being. I sometimes think perhaps I should participate more in the other forums but sometimes it's just too much for the moment.
Jonesy
Director
Director

Post by Jonesy »

Hi the husband

I think however you want to post is just fine, whether on your longer thread or on new ones. Your voice here has been so very important to many of us and I hope you will continue to share as you can. Yes, it has been kinda quiet of late - but this happens and remember it's also summer for most members.
You are important

Email: jonesy@isurvive.org
ajei

Post by ajei »

Good to see you the husband.

ajei
mustard seed

Post by mustard seed »

Hello Husband,
Bit late in this thread because I don't drop in much.
Wondering too if ok to post/ask questions, get the other side, etc...
I like some of the topics you suggested, just never sure where to post here, a topic might be useful?
Came today, looking for you.
Happy to have found you.

Something about your voice, your dedication to your wife and to yourself, your relationship insights, experience and wisdom are challenging and soothing (?) to me; not sure how to describe except that while usually suspicious of men in general, I find something in you that is sound, on solid ground and I feel safe.
I'm really interested in what you say.

Happy New Year by the way; hoping good things for you and yours in 2015.
ms
the husband

Post by the husband »

Hi mustard seed

Any topics, questions or comments would be welcome. I'm convinced there is much to be gained from learning from each other here. I learn from other's comments and from answering other's questions.

For instance, the other discussion in this forum is reminding me to make caring for myself a priority - something I struggle with and have let slip in the past month or so. I often go and read the survivor forums to remind myself how to look at a given situation from my wife's point of view.

I appreciate your comments about safety. Challenging can be helpful if done gently and with the right intent, but too much is not helpful. Soothing is good, but I have learned from my wife that there is a point where soothing can be perceived as creepy and seductive. I try to find the middle ground. I also think it's helpful to strive to be vulnerable here so that I'm not a bystander.
mustard seed

Post by mustard seed »

I agree with everything you said.
It's difficult here when seeking a response from someone specific, wish we had a way to message individuals.
I appreciate you, does your wife know you are on here and does she interact in any way? Is anything helpful?